Hyperflashing turn signals but.... no lamp out msf on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy slrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK I got a 2006 Dodge ram 1504.7 leer thunder road addition. I recently installed new spider Dough Halo projector headlights and led tail lights this is where my problem started. Had a heck of a time with the tail lights I guess they were for Either a second gen or a 4th gen because the harness did not match my tailight harness. I got these for a steal off of Facebook. 60$ for both the headlights and tailights so naturally I wanted to try everything to make them work. I manage to get everything working except for the blinker function on the tell lights so ended up taking to a mechanic a friend recommended. You're only after ordering a 2 way , 2 function 3157 bulb harness was we able to get the blinkers working. All my signal bulbs are led switchbacks with the canbus/resistor module prewired. After picking up the truck from this mechanic I installed my new putco blade LED bar Above the bumper. Is soon as it was plugged in and I hit the turn signal to test the bar I started getting hyperflash but NO LAMP/BULB OUT MSG ON THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER....... i popped 2 fuses on the tipm, then I stopped getting a signal altogether on the rear blinkers....so strange to me. I've tried putting everything back to stock with halogen bulb's didnt work. Tried adding extra resistance. Didnt work. From my research apparently the cpu will just shut off the circuit to protect the 50 cent fuse wich is ********!! Some ppl say reset the cpu, som say reflash the tipm, replace the tipm, replace the blinker switch, clear the error codes... idk what to do someone must have had this problem with these P.O.S. TRUCKS! PLEASE HELP ME GUYS. I have temporarily jumped L & R blinkers off the trailer harness to get me by. Thanks in advance to whomever can solve this on .

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
First off, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they did away with the lamp out lights on the 2006-2008 dashes. 02-05 had them, but I believe hyperflash is the only telltale sign of blinker bulbs being out in the newer 3rd gens

The taillights you probably got off facebook are for a 2007 or 2008. 2002-2006 had 3 bulbs (blinker, brake, and reverse) while 07s and 08s had only 2 bulbs (combined blinker and brake, and reverse) so that explains why they physically fit into your truck but the wiring is different

Because y'all changed the wiring up, there's lot of different things that could be going wrong. With the new putco LED blade, how did you ground it? did you splice the ground into the taillight ground wires? if so that could be tripping the CANbus into thinking a bulb is out, hence the hyperflash

OP
OP
J

Jeremy slrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Light bar was just a trailer connector and a white tied to the reverse. But I still have no power going to my r & l blinker wires in the back.

Lilkenny99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 1500
Engine
I did a 06 led tailight conversion on my 08 and had a similar problem put in led resistors and still got hyper flash. After going over the wiring 100 times it turned out I had something wrong when connecting one of the resistors. My memory is a little rusty but i had the resistor connected to ground and the blinker wire when it was suppose to be connected to the running light wire.( or vise Versa) start off with checking the resistors are getting hot, that’s what u want. If not try re wiring the resistor between blinker and running. Worked for me hope this helps.

Lilkenny99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 1500
Engine
I misread that badly. I’m just gonna lay out how I did my conversion because I know there’s a few ways of going about it. Going into it I knew I didn’t want to tap my factory wire harness to avoid any ********, I couldn’t find a 06to08 conversion plug online so I pulled the connector prongs out of my stock tail lights and stuck them into their connections on the factory harness. Then I managed to connect them to some wires with slip on connectors that just happened to come with the 06 harness I bought so I could easily plug it in to the new taillights after sorting out the connections. Had a little trouble getting the resistors to work right but my led strip worked fine and has been good for months since.

I’m not 100% sure how you went about this conversion but i would pull everything apart one by one while testing the lights to see if there could be some kind of interference. Wiring sucks dude.