I got "Hood winked" by the Mrs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 - SPORT, 4x4, Quad Cab, 6.4' Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Liter with MOPAR Cold Air Intake & Hood Scoop
My wife asked me a question about the new Ram tailgate and instead of trying to explain it, I figured a picture is worth a thousand words (we didn't have any place to be). I took her to the local Ram Center in Vancouver Washington and next I know we're driving home in a 2022 1500 Bighorn; no, it doesn't have the "new tailgate." I was trying to "hold out" for a Crew Cab with the 6.4 bed, but got over rode by a "leather seat upgrade." We went from a 2013 1500 Sport to the Bighorn. We both love it and are getting it setup for towing our 5th wheel. It's already got the 3.92 rear-end, backup camera, and front & rear Parking Sensors. I joked with my wife that "this white isn't going away anytime soon."

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1644521161503.jpg
    FB_IMG_1644521161503.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 40

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nothing wrong with white! ;)

Congrats on the new truck.

OP
OP
H

Hawk1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We've got a 26 foot Keystone Cougar. It's not the "newer" model, but, it meets our needs.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
So she pushed to get it? Nice!

OP
OP
H

Hawk1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Sales Manager apparently heard me hesitating and came out, he offered up the "Leather seat upgrade" and before I could say anything my wife answered with "Okay."

OP
OP
H

Hawk1775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins

We started out looking at a Patriot Blue Laramie, too much $$ for us to finance (I thought we were safe too). We both loved the Patriot Blue; being a Marine I had a dynamite idea to "personalize it. But that wasn't to be...
When I started looking for the new truck, Patriot Blue w/ tan interior is what I was looking for. Found this Blue Streak on a dealer lot and loved the look of it.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I picked my color for two reasons: It's not trying to be flashy (no offense to those who like those colors it's just not me), and the best reason: it always look clean.

8_ball

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The Sales Manager apparently heard me hesitating and came out, he offered up the "Leather seat upgrade" and before I could say anything my wife answered with "Okay."
Sometime it is better for us husbands to S*FU!... Don't ask me why I know...

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Congrats on the new ride! Your 26’ 5W shouldn’t be too heavy but keep an eye on all your limits, most importantly rear axle rating and payload. I think my ‘19 Big Horn was rated at 4100 rear axle and about 1900 PL. Good luck!

Ken Camp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar VVT V6
I get hood winked by the wife all the time but it never turns into a new truck. I'm jealous.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
My wife asked me a question about the new Ram tailgate and instead of trying to explain it, I figured a picture is worth a thousand words (we didn't have any place to be). I took her to the local Ram Center in Vancouver Washington and next I know we're driving home in a 2022 1500 Bighorn; no, it doesn't have the "new tailgate." I was trying to "hold out" for a Crew Cab with the 6.4 bed, but got over rode by a "leather seat upgrade." We went from a 2013 1500 Sport to the Bighorn. We both love it and are getting it setup for towing our 5th wheel. It's already got the 3.92 rear-end, backup camera, and front & rear Parking Sensors. I joked with my wife that "this white isn't going away anytime soon."
Congratulations have her talk to you about shipping your truck to PA for the lift kit wheels and tires. :cheers:

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Congrats on the new rig man! Looks sharp! White was the colour I was going to get if they didn't have the red on the lot.

I must be really lucky to have the wife I do. I needed no convincing to get my new truck, like nothing, she was actually pushing me towards buying it!
Heck she even dished out some cash for me to get my aftermarket exhaust. :D She even wants to purchase the 5" black exhaust tips as well!
Can't complain.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Congrats on the new ride! Your 26’ 5W shouldn’t be too heavy but keep an eye on all your limits, most importantly rear axle rating and payload. I think my ‘19 Big Horn was rated at 4100 rear axle and about 1900 PL. Good luck!
The payload police are ever vigilant. Poor guy can't even enjoy his new truck without a "warning ticket". ;-)

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The payload police are ever vigilant. Poor guy can't even enjoy his new truck without a "warning ticket". ;-)
Better to be forewarned than make a mistake. And axle weight is an issue that could affect warranty. You can hide from reality, I don’t