I hate TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Aaah.. this one is fun. Remove the tpms sensors and replace with normal stems. Make a pvc tube, cap both ends with Schraeder fitting at one end. Put the tpms sensors inside, seal it up and pressurize it. Everything works as normal. Do not put it in the cab of the truck I case it fails for some reason. I kept mine in my toolbox in the bed.

that’s an old school Jeep trick....

Hmm...I wonder if this would really work? I ask this because currently one of my tires in the bed of my truck because it has a bubble on the sidewall and the TPMS does not read it at all.

Katmandookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That thing got a Hemi... yup.
Hmm...I wonder if this would really work? I ask this because currently one of my tires in the bed of my truck because it has a bubble on the sidewall and the TPMS does not read it at all.
Did it in my Jeep for years... also my 2014 F250... maybe the sensor is dead? Maybe Ram is different? Try moving the tire around in the bed... see if it “picks up”

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the light will stay on, as it wouldn't know the sensor was gone. It'd just assume the battery was dead, etc.

Old school fix - small piece of electrical tape.
Yeah man, or just don’t look at it. Mine has been on for eons......and I just don’t care, I run 42-44lbs up front and 38-40lbs with my 12 PW with 37’s.

Brad S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
If you pull the sensors out, the light will just stay on. I never connected mine when I got my new wheels and tires and its been on ever since.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Did it in my Jeep for years... also my 2014 F250... maybe the sensor is dead? Maybe Ram is different? Try moving the tire around in the bed... see if it “picks up”
Nope it's not dead. It did the same thing a couple of months ago when I had the tire in the truck bed taking it to be patched.
It read the sensor right away after I put it back on.

jdillon256

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used vgate Icar pro and JScan and got rid of the yellow light and the pressure reading on dashboard