TPMS and off road tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been an off road enthusiast for many years. I'm used to being able to let air out of my tires for smoother rides and better traction. I bought this 2019 rebel and it takes 50 lbs of air in the front to not trip the tpms. In other vehicles I have been able to use a tuner to disable the tpms system but it appears that it is not possible with this new truck. Any suggestions or just run it with the tpms light on all the time. Any options that anyone has found?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Try this with alfaobd

Connect to Body computer
Select Change car configuration
Select vehicle tech config2 Tire Pressure System
Set it to unset and hit start

(If you try this, save the configuration as backup file before you play with any setting)

I off-road a lot, air down my tires often.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just turned TPMS off with Alfa. in my 12 and set it to 0 in the 18 JK

No more TPMS lights

tysonmax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Try this with alfaobd

Connect to Body computer
Select Change car configuration
Select vehicle tech config2 Tire Pressure System
Set it to unset and hit start

(If you try this, save the configuration as backup file before you play with any setting)

I off-road a lot, air down my tires often.
Is this with iOS, Android or with a PC?

I've got a '23 Rebel, and just bought the PC version of AlphaODB and there's nothing that resembles this other than connecting to the body computer. Has anyone successfully used the PC version to change their tire pressure settings?

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is this with iOS, Android or with a PC?

I've got a '23 Rebel, and just bought the PC version of AlphaODB and there's nothing that resembles this other than connecting to the body computer. Has anyone successfully used the PC version to change their tire pressure settings?

I have PC version of AlphaODB. I am using an older version but it should be there. If I recall there is also setting to lower the value which is what most people do.
I'll look for it and post screen when I have moment.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
This is how the android version works, the PC should be similar.
When you get to connected to body computer, click on the hood up icon, click on select procedure, near the bottom of the list you will find car configuration change.

tysonmax

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have PC version of AlphaODB. I am using an older version but it should be there. If I recall there is also setting to lower the value which is what most people do.
I'll look for it and post screen when I have moment.
Oh perfect thank you!...I've been searching all over and can't seem to find the procedure for PC. There's a ton for mobile/tablet.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I recall there is also setting to lower the value which is what most people do
You are correct Sir. While not an off roader I do take my truck out on the Carolina beaches when the tourist season permits and use the function you state to change the thresholds. Leaving the MX+ connected and a cheap Amazon fire tablet in the center console works well for on the go changes when off road.

tysonmax

Reaction score
Ram Year
So I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind or my vision, but I found the setting in AlphaODB and was able to turn off the TPMS warnings. I swear I must have looked over the list of options 10x and kept skipping past it ¯\_()_/¯

RamElliot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for the thread hijack but I'm having tpms issues as well. I have larger tires that run much less psi than OEM, can I change that value to what
I run using Alfaobd?

Last edited: