I like the stock rims more than my old Fuel rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
44 F 34R and I could go lower but I get perfect wear. No reason to have E rated tires pumped up for max capacity when you are not even close to max capacity. Realistically 25 psi in the back and 30psi in front would be fine. Weigh your truck at a Cat scale and see what our axle weights actually are.
Thanks! Did you have to change your TPMS settings?

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'll mess with the tire pressure and Alfa OBD tire size and TPMS) this weekend.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So.....I got the speedometer calibrated (mostly, needs a little bit of adjustment) through Alfa OBD.
We took the truck to the mountains yesterday to look at some property.
This truck is awesome!!!

But.....when we were coming back, I noticed a weird rubbing sound.
The emergency brake cable (rear driver side) was apparently zip tied to the suspension to keep it from rubbing on the tire.....I must have broken the zip tie while climbing crazy mountains.
I had to climb under the truck once I got out of the mud/snow and tie the cable up with some paracord.

I'll have to wash the mud out and see if there's a better way to tie the cable up

If not, I guess the stock rims are not that great with these tires after all......
Looks like I'll be getting some AEV rims this week. Especially if we are going to be heading to this property every chance we get......

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
there is no way you are an inch shorter going from 35/12.5-17 nittos to 35/12.5-17 toyos. that would mean the 35's toyos were 2" taller to beging with, be like going from a 37's tire to a 35" tire to lower it actually 1". Toyo MT's are awesome tires.
you'ld be surprised what the actual height of any given tire is at full inflation compared to the stated height.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you'ld be surprised what the actual height of any given tire is at full inflation compared to the stated height.
no I wouldn't lol. I have had more tires in the last 6 years than most. I measure each one. I have had nitto rg and Toyo mt on the same exact wheel ie AEV saltas sitting in my garage. I am actually embarrassed at how many different sets of tires I have had. I have had some that I put less than 500 miles on. Most tho I keep about 10,000 to 15,000 miles. It is a sickness no doubt. The only tires that I have come across that are close to stated size is Interco tires. I will leave you with this if you put your nittos on a set of Saltas they will measure just under 33.5" on the truck.

8DD13A2C-3697-4EB9-891E-2C03693262B2.jpeg

Last edited: