I315 connector location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Anyone know where the I315 connector is located? Preferably with pictures..

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone know where the I315 connector is located? Preferably with pictures..

-K
This is the best I can come up with. On my 2017 2500, there is no i315. It appears that i311 and i317 carry the same circuits as the i315 on a 2014 1500. Anyway, here’s the location on my truck (the 2 are right next to each other), so the location should be the same on your truck- FCM8Esm.jpg

Here is the male body side of your i315 connector to be able to identify it by wire color/ pin positions- e44arWf.jpg

Reactions: kad

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I've got pictures in Cptwing's OEM Backup Camera thread. See Post 10.

And
post 1250 specifically for difference between the i315 and in line body IP connector.
post 1250.

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks guys. I'm trying to track the L17 circuit (pin 25 in the I315), which is a parking lamp circuit feed to the Inverter connector on the dash. The wiring diagrams I've been able to find have it listed as being powered from the F79 fuse, which is confusing me, as that fuse is for the cab lights and is not wired past the TIPM on 1500 series 4th Gen trucks. (At least, it wasn't on mine. I actually added a wire to the connector for it under the TIPM on mine to power my added air dam and side lights).

The path I have on the wiring diagram is:

TIPM Connector C7, Pin 26
to
Connector I315, pin 25
to
Inverter Dash Plug Pin 6

If I look up the same diagram for a 2500, the only difference is there is a additional reference, SPL17A, on the L17 circuit that I think might be where it splits off to go to the cab lights. (see below). It's not the usual markings for a connector though. I'm not sure what the hollow circle maker represents, possibly SP for "Splice"?

I've also been through both the Interior and Exterior lighting diagrams and for the 1500 there is no reference to the F79 fuse or L17 circuit anywhere that I could see. The diagram for the 2500 has it on the exterior diagram for the cab lights.

All the diagrams are from BBB, I don't have access to Tech Authority diagrams. If someone does, I'd be curious if they show something different.

RAM1500-Inverter-Wireing.jpgRAM2500-Inverter-Wireing.jpg

-K

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks guys. I'm trying to track the L17 circuit (pin 25 in the I315), which is a parking lamp circuit feed to the Inverter connector on the dash. The wiring diagrams I've been able to find have it listed as being powered from the F79 fuse, which is confusing me, as that fuse is for the cab lights and is not wired past the TIPM on 1500 series 4th Gen trucks. (At least, it wasn't on mine. I actually added a wire to the connector for it under the TIPM on mine to power my added air dam and side lights).

The path I have on the wiring diagram is:

TIPM Connector C7, Pin 26
to
Connector I315, pin 25
to
Inverter Dash Plug Pin 6

If I look up the same diagram for a 2500, the only difference is there is a additional reference, SPL17A, on the L17 circuit that I think might be where it splits off to go to the cab lights. (see below). It's not the usual markings for a connector though. I'm not sure what the hollow circle maker represents, possibly SP for "Splice"?

I've also been through both the Interior and Exterior lighting diagrams and for the 1500 there is no reference to the F79 fuse or L17 circuit anywhere that I could see. The diagram for the 2500 has it on the exterior diagram for the cab lights.

All the diagrams are from BBB, I don't have access to Tech Authority diagrams. If someone does, I'd be curious if they show something different.

RAM1500-Inverter-Wireing.jpgRAM2500-Inverter-Wireing.jpg

-K
For 2014 1500s, I’m seeing the same thing as you- the only schematic the park lamp feed is used on is for the ac power outlet. Starting in 2017, the park lamp feed is not used on the ac power outlet anymore. On a 2014 3500, it feeds the clearance lights, DRW side markers, and DRW tailgate light bar. I can see on a 1500 without the power inverter option, the park lamp feed not being there at all, (not even originating at the PDC C7 connector) especially since there’s no option for cab lights. Now, if you view a 2014 2500 exterior light schematic, you’ll also notice that at the PDC C7 pin 26, it seems to be run through the trailer tow park lamp relay. THAT circuit originates at pin 24 on the C5/E BCM connector- BdpAFWq.jpg

PSS0St7.jpg

THEN, if you switch over to the 2014 1500/2500 trailer brake schematic, it also shows trailer tow relay output being on #87 of that same relay (same place as the park lamp feed)- 24hPBt9.jpg

Not sure if this helps, or where this leaves you.

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For 2014 1500s, I’m seeing the same thing as you- the only schematic the park lamp feed is used on is for the ac power outlet. Starting in 2017, the park lamp feed is not used on the ac power outlet anymore. On a 2014 3500, it feeds the clearance lights, DRW side markers, and DRW tailgate light bar. I can see on a 1500 without the power inverter option, the park lamp feed not being there at all, (not even originating at the PDC C7 connector) especially since there’s no option for cab lights. Now, if you view a 2014 2500 exterior light schematic, you’ll also notice that at the PDC C7 pin 26, it seems to be run through the trailer tow park lamp relay. THAT circuit originates at pin 24 on the C5/E BCM connector- BdpAFWq.jpg

PSS0St7.jpg

THEN, if you switch over to the 2014 1500/2500 trailer brake schematic, it also shows trailer tow relay output being on #87 of that same relay (same place as the park lamp feed)- 24hPBt9.jpg

Not sure if this helps, or where this leaves you.

Well, it's good info, but it seems to confirm that everything shows that wire fed off of a circuit that isn't present on the 1500s. I think it leaves me in the same spot I was. I need to deal with the lousy weather, go out to the truck, pull various access panels and the radio bezel out and start probing connections with a meter to see what's really there. I have the factory tow setup, but no factory inverter and while F79 in the TIPM had power coming in, it had no wire leading out when I added a wire to it for my other lighting.

-K

OP
OP
kad

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I went out and did some more tracking/testing. I checked the in dash outlet connector and while all of the pins are populated, pin 6, the parking lamp circuit, was dead, even with the parking lamps on. I found the I315 connector under the driver side dash, back near the firewall to the left of the brake pedal and the wire from the outlet connector was populated in pin 25 and passed a simple connectivity test from the outlet connector to it, but there is no wire on the other side (see photos).

So, now the question becomes, what purpose does it serve?

The L17 circuit, assuming it is indeed a straight feed from F79, is a 12v+ circuit. The only purpose I can think of for it is to dim the Inverter LED when the lights are on to match the rest of the dash (Although it wouldn't be variable dimming like the rest of the dash).

I315-inner.jpg
I315-outer.jpg

-K

John Wiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
“If I look up the same diagram for a 2500, the only difference is there is a additional reference, SPL17A, on the L17 circuit that I think might be where it splits off to go to the cab lights. (see below).”

Can anyone tell me where this SPL17A is actually located? I have installed cab lights on my 2014 2500 and need to find the factory connector to plug them into. Thanks