ICBC writes off 2022 EV due to cost of battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
The one that I am aware of. In the case of the Ford pickups and some other vehicles lately, there were notices to not park them in your garage.
And how viable is that ideology, eh!

EV is at least 20 years from being viable IMHO. Look at the internal combustion engine... It took, what, 50 years or so for it to get perfected!

I'm totally onboard of a better way, but no one on this earth right now could convince me, not for all the tea in china, that the current EV technology is the way to go.

There needs to be a global consensus on how they are produced, regardless of manufacturer. A unified approach to a singular emergency cut off switch, and much better means of protecting the battery when involved in a collision so our first responders don't risk their own lives on such nonsense on how to permanently extinguish their fires.

Then, a global training program must be adopted so that these first responders are equipped with the correct knowledge and equipment on how to approach and extinguish critically serious situations when EV's are involved.

How any government globally could endorse pushing EV technology first without addressing all these inherently critical paths to public and first responder safety should have every one of us asking WTF....

This is politricks at its finest, period.... but heck... that's just my opinion!

Last edited:

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
And how viable is that ideology, eh!

EV is at least 20 years from being viable IMHO. Look at the internal combustion engine... It took, what, 50 years or so for it to get perfected!

I'm totally onboard of a better way, but no one on this earth right now could convince me, not for all the tea in china, that EV technology right now is the way to go.

There needs to be a global consensus on how they are produced, regardless of manufacturer, a unified approach to a singular emergency cut off switch, and much better means of protecting the battery so our first responders don't risk their own lives on such nonsense on how to permanently extinguish fires.

Then, a global training program must be adopted so that these first responders are equipped with the correct knowledge on how to approach and extinguish critically serious situations when EV's are involved.

How any government globally could endorse pushing EV technology first without addressing all these inherently critical paths to public and first responder safety should have every one of us asking WTF....

This is politricks at its finest, period.... but heck... that's just my opinion!
Probably not a good idea for you to buy one.
Your attitude towards EV fires is the same as my attitude to Ford ICE fires. That is why I would never buy a Ford ICE.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
This s_H.. I_ T_ E ain't free, Brother!
Our dictator levies heavy costs on canucks for this....
Heck... sends it elsewhere and dumps our own vets and serving members... but that's a whole different story....

As for EV's.... to your point... how the heck you going to flog a used EV....
it's all politricks the pushing of EV... North America's power grid couldn't support it... so we all know why this is happening and where it's going ;)
I so know that, and I have a Girl and SIL Mil vets ,
My wife needs a hip, and 6 months later she has not heard from the Doc yet. Maybe next year? but I do like my cordless drills and saws.
The powers that be have to have all that cash to wing around the world in their jets for holidays every 3 weeks and to B.S. all the other B.S's out there .
Coffee time , before I get pissed and say something.:emotions122: Back to gas burners.

Last edited: