Idle jumps around like crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmd4100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm at a stop light this morning waiting to turn left and all the sudden my 2007 1500 5.7's idle just starts jumping around like it ready to stall. So I give it gas and it helped a little and then started doing it again. So I put in in park and I think that sorta fixed it. When the light turned green I threw it in drive and tried to give it a lot of gas and it was responsive to that. About half way down the road I just turned left on as I'm gliding without any pressure on the gas pedal going about 20 mph the truck stalls. I didn't even realize until I had to turn into my driveway and I had no power steering. The check gauges light came up. So I pulled in my driveway and tried to restart it. It didn't want to go. It was sputtering and everything. Never threw a code. So I went out about 5 minutes later and tried to restart it. Starts and runs fine. Anyone know what happened? I don't want to drive it god forbid it wont start again and I'm stranded. I cleaned the Throttle body about a month ago (2k miles) give or take a little, and changed tranny fluid 4k miles ago. I really have no idea. Thinking possibly fuel pump or transmission?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could be a vacuum leak someplace, or a bad EGR valve. If air gets in after the Mass Air Sensor (I think there is a MAF in the intake), the truck will not compensate, causing it to run lean.