Injector and Fuel Cleaning Redline vs Rislone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kayjo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am thinking about quieting my noisy injectors some. I get a bit of clatter especially on the passenger side. I didn't think that cleaning this or changing fuel would have much of an effect, until I saw in another forum or thread where someone swore by redline s-1. and had a video of their engine running. Wow it was nearly silent. So, I have been thinking about fuel additives. Has anyone used either redline s-1 or anything else? I was reading elsewhere that someone said redline changed their formula and it no longer contains PEA and even showed a lab analysis of its contents. I noted that rislone states that it contains real PEA. And thought that might be worth a go. Just wanted some feed back with someone with personal experience.

Also, is there any benefit with the octane boosters like rislone. I was looking at this because I read that the trucks like better fuel and higher octane around 89-90, as compared to the lower 87 and high 91-93. I have even heard that this helps in mileage as well as engine noise in general. At current gas prices , even 1MPG improvement would make adding this additive worth it , and much more cost efficient than premium fuel. So it not just helps mileage but the over efficiency of the engine, its a win win as I see it. The question is does this actually do anything, I guess I am pretty willing to try, but again hoping for someone to weigh in.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
In my wife's gas engine I use Lucas Fuel additive it can be used in both gas and diesel...I never used it in every tank just when she complained mpg was down again, the second time I used it she ask me if I was adding a fuel additive, it's worked in every Dodge with the Penastar I have bought for her over the past 10 years...

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This has been discussed in the synthetic oil thread . The popular opinion is use the redline S1. I believe they use it on the last tank of gas before an oil change.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I am thinking about quieting my noisy injectors some. I get a bit of clatter especially on the passenger side. I didn't think that cleaning this or changing fuel would have much of an effect, until I saw in another forum or thread where someone swore by redline s-1. and had a video of their engine running. Wow it was nearly silent. So, I have been thinking about fuel additives. Has anyone used either redline s-1 or anything else? I was reading elsewhere that someone said redline changed their formula and it no longer contains PEA and even showed a lab analysis of its contents. I noted that rislone states that it contains real PEA. And thought that might be worth a go. Just wanted some feed back with someone with personal experience.

Also, is there any benefit with the octane boosters like rislone. I was looking at this because I read that the trucks like better fuel and higher octane around 89-90, as compared to the lower 87 and high 91-93. I have even heard that this helps in mileage as well as engine noise in general. At current gas prices , even 1MPG improvement would make adding this additive worth it , and much more cost efficient than premium fuel. So it not just helps mileage but the over efficiency of the engine, its a win win as I see it. The question is does this actually do anything, I guess I am pretty willing to try, but again hoping for someone to weigh in.
Also look at Micrial Mistry Oil