Installed rear Rough Country N3 and new coil spacers. Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Update, I replaced N3 in the rear with V2. The N3 was to soft when I had gear in the bed.
--
First, I really wish I had gone this route from the get-go. I really am a fan of the ride. I have N3 all the way around now.
Ok, for the question. I added a 1" billet spacer and removed the 3/4" poly spacer. Shock was a pinch longer and wanted more lift to offset the longer N3. I noticed when I took the poly off it was lightly snug. If that makes sense. The billet ones had some play when sitting on the perch. I'd quess 1/8". Once shocks were all tighten up and it was ready to drive. The coil wouldn't budge. All good. Any thing to be concerned about?
Thanks guys.

RC N3 rear shocks.jpg

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
First, I really wish I had gone this route from the get-go. I really am a fan of the ride. I have N3 all the way around now.
Ok, for the question. I added a 1" billet spacer and removed the 3/4" poly spacer. Shock was a pinch longer and wanted more lift to offset the longer N3. I noticed when I took the poly off it was lightly snug. If that makes sense. The billet ones had some play when sitting on the perch. I'd quess 1/8". Once shocks were all tighten up and it was ready to drive. The coil wouldn't budge. All good. Any thing to be concerned about?
Thanks guys.

View attachment 222841

I would recommend using top gun customz (TGC) rear coil spacers. They are consistent perfect fitting rear coil spacers. Did you clock the springs to the same position it came from the factory

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would recommend using top gun customz (TGC) rear coil spacers. They are consistent perfect fitting rear coil spacers. Did you clock the springs to the same position it came from the factory

I took a mental note where it was at. I didn't remove the whole coil. Lift it up, removed old and installed new.
Ill check out top gun.

OP
OP
Ram7081

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

I didnt see any at TGC. Might not sell them anymore.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys.

View attachment 222841
Get top spacers instead of the lower mounted ones. If you're buying lower mounting spacers then get something that can retain the coil springs down below, or make your own spring retainers with steel clamps. I had the 1" Daystars poly ones before. Super thick, zero noise and they have the groove for the coils to fit like a damn glove in the upper portion but they cost $100 lol.

Sure that might be hard for some to stomach spacers for $100 but they don't bulge, squeak or clunk, and you don't have to worry about the lower seat not fitting properly. Top spacers in our case work a lot better in the rear. i wouldn't do more than 1/4 rear spacers if using the lower seat but that's just me and what the offroad trails have taught me. Others may do things differently and that's ok too.

Let your common sense guide you and you should be more than ok.

Have fun.

Last edited:

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well ram1500rsm keeps beating me to the punch lol... I second that you should buy a set of 18" hose clamps, but measure it first, I don't know exactly how large they should be.

Just curious, which poly spacer are you saying you removed? The stock rubber upper spacer? If you took that off, I would probably put that one back on.