Intake manifold tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Haven't seen this posted inawhile,so only bringing it up for some of the newer owners on here. It's worth spending a few minutes to check the intake manifold bolts for tightness,it's not a common issue but some guys have reported their intake manifold bolts have been loose when they checked them.I forget the exact torque specs,but i usually just use a 1/4" nut driver with a 8mm socket and give them a decent twist by hand,starting at the middle bolts and working my way out in an ever widening circle pattern.Like i said it's not a real commom problem,but it only takes maybe 10 minutes to check them.

Last edited:

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh swell….something else to worry about. Haha

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Torque spec is 9 ft lbs. I checked mine a few times last year & they were always loose. Ended up finding the manifold gaskets had gotten folded over during a previous repair & causing an oil leak

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nice reminder that I need to go check mine again tomorrow since I'm off and its been a few years. Just gotta decide if I want to battle grease zerks before or after I bust out the baby torque wrench for the manifold lol.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Nice reminder that I need to go check mine again tomorrow since I'm off and its been a few years. Just gotta decide if I want to battle grease zerks before or after I bust out the baby torque wrench for the manifold lol.
Your hands will be cleaner before greasing the swaybar endlinks,lol

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine