Intermittent service air suspension notice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
My '17 Dually will intermittently throw a service air suspension warning in the EVIC complete with the dang ding. It only stays on for a few seconds. Driving me nuts. Might go hundreds of miles and never happen then will go off 10 times in 10 miles. Been to the dealer a couple of times. No codes and of course never does it when it's there. I'm guessing it's a partially broken wire in the wiring harness but see no damage to the harness and the shake test comes up empty. Had a similar issue with my Laramie Sport 1500. It was tripping an ABS code. Literally took 6 or 7 trips to the dealer over many months to finally find the broken wire. Anyone had any such issue or any ideas for the dually?

51355867429_68b44203fe_b.jpg

OP
OP
TerryH

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
Finally got the thing to do it while I was close to the dealer. Dropped it off without shutting it off for them to scan it. And it needs a compressor. :rolleyes:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad you got it fixed.

More fuel for my fire of no interest or desire for the air suspension on these trucks. I had Ford with one and was always worried about it failing at the worst possible time. To each their own, but no thank you.

OP
OP
TerryH

TerryH

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 turbo
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad you got it fixed.

More fuel for my fire of no interest or desire for the air suspension on these trucks. I had Ford with one and was always worried about it failing at the worst possible time. To each their own, but no thank you.
Even with the compressor issue it never stopped working. I've not heard of very many issues with the auto level system overall. We use the dually pretty much exclusively for pulling our toyhauler and I love the auto level. Rides much better when it's just the truck and a lot less messing with the hitch etc.. when the trailer is on it. I'd definitely get it again if/when I replace this truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat