Introduction and brake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good day,

I just signed up today after reading here for a week or so, I bought my first 3/4 truck which also happened to be my first Ram truck two weeks ago. So far I am very pleased with the truck, and other than a few UConnect idiosyncrasies it seems to be great. Traded in a Ford F-150 Platinum for the Ram, so the ride is going to take a little getting used to, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it rode off the lot (even with 80+ PSI in each tire). I am still working on bringing that down.
Anyway, here is the one concern I do have, being new to HD trucks and Rams is the brake pedal supposed to be so “soft”? It sure feels like it takes an extraordinary amount of pressure to slow or stop the truck. I know there is going to be a learning curve to any new vehicle, and that is why I waited to ask. I’ve got 1400 miles on the truck now and this is something I am wondering about.

Any feed back would be appreciated

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m no Ram oldtimer as I’ve only had two but they do seem softer than my wife’s Cayenne. Over the last two weeks, I’ve driven about half a dozen new and used 2500s while shopping for an HD and I’m convinced it’s just a Ram thing. Once you get used to it, it’s second nature. I wouldn’t worry!

TXCOMT

OP
OP
J

jackler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m no Ram oldtimer as I’ve only had two but they do seem softer than my wife’s Cayenne. Over the last two weeks, I’ve driven about half a dozen new and used 2500s while shopping for an HD and I’m convinced it’s just a Ram thing. Once you get used to it, it’s second nature. I wouldn’t worry!

TXCOMT

I appreciate that, I was hoping that was he case. It is interesting when I use my wife's Edge, I lock the brakes the first time i press down on the pedal

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mine felt soft to me as well when I first got the truck. My neighbor and I compared pedals, drove each other's trucks and came away with the impression that our brakes performed the same.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I appreciate that, I was hoping that was he case. It is interesting when I use my wife's Edge, I lock the brakes the first time i press down on the pedal

Hah!, I do the same thing in my wife's MDX. She's getting used to it and prepares herself for the first stop so she doesn't get thrown into the dash anymore....