Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my dad's 1998 Laramie a year or so ago. (He isn't able to drive anymore.) It's a green RWD with the club cab and 8' bed. It only has 67k miles.

The truck runs and drives great. It has many of the same issues 2nd gens seem to have. The clear coat is peeling, especially on the hood and roof. The dash is cracked and slowly collapsing bit by bit. There is a little rust around the bottom of the doors. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

So far I had to put new tires on it; new muffler; front shocks; fuel pump; ball joints (had a shop do that); new driver's seat cushion; changed transmission fluid; changed differential oil. I had to install new tail and headlights today. One of the headlights had a busted bracket so I changed them both so they'd match. I accidentally knocked a hole in one of the tail lights so changed out both of those too. I also replaced the 3rd brake light because rain was getting past it. Just remembered I changed the front brakes a few months ago. It's been a long time since I did brakes where the hub was integral to the rotor.

Now that I'm making a list, it seems like I've had to fix quite a bit. The truck is over 20 years old though. Nothing was really a big job (except maybe the ball joints).

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s great to hear of older trucks being given a refresh . Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
W

wombat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the welcome. I expect the truck to last a long time. That only happens with maintenance and upkeep, though.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.