Ipod Adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a single disc factory radio with the infinity sound package. I believe the radio is the REF model (not sure because the truck is at the house and Im at work). I would like to use an ipod adapter allowing my ipod to charge and use the steering wheel controls to change songs with the playlist, however, I would like to keep my sirius radio as well. Only one's that I have come across say that I would have to disconnect the sat radio to use the adapter. Another other adapters out there or suggestions?

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know which radio it is, but one you can plug into the cd changer and it works.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I looked at that one, it says in the manual that it does not work with the REF factory head unit for whatever reason.

cajuntec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added a Parrot Hands-Free system to my Ram. It's model number MKi9200. My wife got it here:
Parrot MKi9200 Car kit for Bluetooth® cell phones at Crutchfield.com

I know it's more than what you are looking for, but it interfaces with my iPod, reads SD cards, connects your phone to your stereo (any stereo) for hands-free calling, etc...

I've had mine for two years now and it works great.
All the best,
Glenn

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked into that some what as well, it was just a little to costly for wanting to simply add the ipod. How does that connect to the factory headunit? Also, on a side note does any one know how much power the factory infinity amp puts out to each speaker?

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Mike, I have that head unit in my car. Mine is the next model down without bluetooth. Love it so much. Much better looking screen than most.

I love being able to plug the iphone in.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i had this problem with my 05. I had an rb1 in it with sirius and the ipod adapter..........but you couldn't have both working without buying a "y" cable and auxiliary box from chrysler for about $300 installed. So i went aftermarket......and made money after i sold the rb1 and ipod interface...LOL

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I upgraded my factory single disk / sat unit to the factory 6 disc / sat unit ans added an after market iPod adapter to it. Works like a charm and now since I have an extra auxiliary connection I'll be using that for my phone....yay!
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did it run finding the 6 cd changer head unit and going that route?
I may just lose my SAT radio and plug the ipod adapter in its place.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I sourced the 6disc off eBay because I wanted the station labeling capability and 6disc in dash. Found one brand new from a Charger. Think it was like 100 bucks plus shipping. IPod adapter was about the same.. worked like charm
Ch

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Were can I get the first thing u were talking about so I could use my steering wheel controls to change songs on my I pod. I don't use the sat radio so it wouldn't be a loss if I lost it. Also how much do they run price wise thanks for any help

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the Ipod adapter that I have come across for the REF radio where the SAT radio will be disabled when using it:

PAC AAI-CHY + IS75

PAC AAI-CHY + IS75

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But after looking through all of this and the hassle that this ipod adapter looks like it will not even control the ipos through steering wheel controls. I might just swap out the radio for the RAQ fatory radio allowing me to control ipod, keep SAT radio and possible scroll Ipod titles on-screen. Just more money to keep factory look and do this (approx $250 for everything).

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man n Black, do you have the factory infinity set up in your truck? I want to know if I will run into any problems swapping out the REF radio with an RAQ radio if I have the factory infinity set up

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yep. I had zero probs. The RAQ plugged right in and works like a charm. Scrolls radio, CD and sat titles no prob.

I don't have Ipod name scrolling, but the adapter I used has a second aux input for DVD or other audio source which I'm going to use for my phone. My front door speakers are blown, but that's a problem across the whole range of trucks.
Ch

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahh that sucks I thought it would have the ipod name scrolling but I'm definitely getting the RAQ unit so I can use that ipod adapter and its nice to have the name scrolling for the SAT radio and regular radio. I'll be swapping out my front speakers with a old school MB Quart reference 6.5 component set most likely run off a seperate amp.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The MB's are nice. Had a set eons ago in a 5.0 Mustang. Very bright sounding.

I am able to control track up and down on the IPod through the steering wheel, other functions are controlled through head unit (sometimes) and direct iPod control.