Is a MagnaFlow/Flowmaster muffler worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got a flow master super 40 and it’s VERY noticeable lol. If someone already has the duals not sure why someone would want a whole system. Stock systems pipes tend to be really decent in my experience

They cut out stock and slap a new muffler in. Done! 30 min ordeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After watching and reading, I plan on going with the 18" magnaflow. Good sound, but not too loud, and most say it has very little MDS drone.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the 18” Magie and love it! Nice rumble but very little drone at highway speeds......perfect for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foster80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All I can say is I found a direct fit y pipe cost me about 140 bucks and I haven't heard an exhaust out there that sounds as nice as mine

wis-ski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2017 6.4L. Cut the Y pipe at back of the cats had a 12589 magnaflow, dual 3" in. dual 2.5" out. Only have 3.5" tips installed. I really like the sound. Local shop did it all, welded and all stainless for $850. More than I wanted to spend but couldn't see doing it twice.

Landshark940

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have the flow master American thunder and it makes a real nice sound along with a cold air intake

bigcheez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Want something to enhance the great sounding 5.7 hemi, didn't know if spending a few hundred on having a muffler installed would make that much of a noticeable difference. Obviously it's cheaper than a whole new exhaust system. If so which muffler would be a good choice?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I installed the Flowmaster direct fit american Thunder muffler. Super easy to install (less than 30 mins) and it sounds incredible. Worth every penny