Is it normal that after a new set of Lifters is installed the Heni 5.7 keeps smoking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RafySurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of smoke, color and all.
White smoke that comes from the motor. Smells kind of like the regular smoke that goes out thru the muffler, but is coming out from the motor. It’s not too much smoke but that did not happened before

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How messy was the install? How long has it been run after completing the install?
Is it possible that oil, coolant, or some other liquid got spilled, and just hasn’t completely burned off yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RafySurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How messy was the install? How long has it been run after completing the install?
Is it possible that oil, coolant, or some other liquid got spilled, and just hasn’t completely burned off yet?

I found from where the smoke comes from. I also noticed a small oil escape. Photo attached.

2F6BFB58-2291-4B5E-8F5B-57F6FF8C1644.jpeg

turnerje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep an eye on it. If that’s from the repair work you should be good after a week of driving when it’s burned off. If it’s staying wet then I’d take it back. Something isn’t sealed right. I cannot where the oils filter is in relation to your picture. I’d get under the truck and make sure it’s tight. For some reason the oil filter on my Power Wagon loosens up right after an oil change. I tighten it and I’m good to go.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From that pic, it mostly depends on weather the oil is dripping onto the exhaust, or is being blown out through a leak in that joint.

If it’s dripping onto the exhaust, just let it burn off, but keep an eye on the oil level, and check for leaks around the top of the engine(head, valve cover, intake, etc).

If the oil is coming out of the exhaust, then you have oil somehow getting into the cylinder(s).
My top two guesses would be rings or valve guides/seals.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
White smoke that comes from the motor. Smells kind of like the regular smoke that goes out thru the muffler, but is coming out from the motor. It’s not too much smoke but that did not happened before

White smoke usually means it's leaking anti-freeze into the combustion chambers.I'd guess you might have a head gasket not sealing all that good.If they did lifters they had to pull the heads off.