Is that a factory step ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justintx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have seen both amp and bestop make these as fold away
I'm not sure Bestop and AMP have them for the 19 yet. I think I saw somewhere AMP is the one making the "Mopar" version...
I like that the one in the video is "shaped" to the corner of the bumper, the other Bestop and AMP ones I've seen on the web are just rectangles.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had the AMP step on my last RAM and loved it. I went to buy one for the new '19 and they are not out yet. I was told by AMP they would be available Sept/Oct.

justintx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had the AMP step on my last RAM and loved it. I went to buy one for the new '19 and they are not out yet. I was told by AMP they would be available Sept/Oct.

FYI, I contacted AMP Research/Lund International about 2019 RAM BedStep availability and got the following response:
"According to our latest press release, we expect to have the new Ram step applications available mid-October."

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
FYI, I contacted AMP Research/Lund International about 2019 RAM BedStep availability and got the following response:
"According to our latest press release, we expect to have the new Ram step applications available mid-October."
I wonder if some of the design updates will be done on the newer version of the Gen4 step. They do update their products occasionally for example my older amp bed extender isn't quite as nice as my new one. If they make a 4th Gen one that tucks up high like it appears the gen5 ones will I'll be a buyer. The current ones just hang too low and appear more as and afterthought than something designed for the truck.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition. Because the factory pwoered running boards are known good - third party would be unknown territory.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)