Is there ANY "Fix" for these poor Ram Transfer Cases?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
That's a nice spot actually! Perfect for those without the concole that don't wna hack up the dash.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thanks Brandon,

I've taken the radio out so many times, just didn't want to take the time and this spot was easy peasy. And here no one will accidentally operate it.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
The two aren't even remotely comparable. One is straight gear and chain the other is clutched and electronically controlled. That's like comparing a 1ton diesel to a ram 1500 gas.

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
The two aren't even remotely comparable. One is straight gear and chain the other is clutched and electronically controlled. That's like comparing a 1ton diesel to a ram 1500 gas.
Thanks for the education.[emoji1]

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

jbsmwd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l v6
Are these switches still available?

OP
OP
50BMG

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wild One Erased: "My truck will do donuts all day long with just the traction control off,on "dry" pavement,lol.You're just not making enough power,lol
My truck puts down 500 rwhp,and has no problem doing donuts ,in fact I've had it get a bit farther around at times then I've wanted if i'm not careful,lol.

Hmmm... You erased the first part above; maybe you tried it and realized I'm right about no donuts with yaw control, or maybe your truck isn't making enough horsepower... LoL...
Whole lotta talk Wild whatever, no video though... What's the matter Yaw Control got you by the forked tongue???
LoL...

Prove it.... No way with ESC on that can happen... Zero.
TC off will let them spin, but the truck ain't going sideways...
You so full of "it", you're buoyant.

Well, as promised, the new General ATX 275-65 R20's go on tomorrow, so the F26 came out of its socket, to enable the "stock" Ram to do what it wants and is plenty capable of doing all day long if I wanted. I did 3 pulls like this. I think the tires started out still being "usable/legal". The rears, not so legal any more ;-).

The Beast was unleashed...

OP
OP
50BMG

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you click on it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
50BMG

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, so I'm not a YouTube engineer...
Try that.

OP
OP
50BMG

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now, I gotta figure out an easy way to disable that yaw B.S.
It used to be so nice, like when I was stuck in a traffic jamb on a 2 lane road, to do a quick 180 degree NASCAR turnaround to go the opposite direction. But with a long bed crew cab truck, and the turning radius of an aircraft carrier that they have, that simple use of throttle and a modicum of driving skill is no longer available... Frickin' PC ********....

As I was pulling the fuse last night I was thinking, wouldn't it be as simple as removing the fuse, slipping a wire connector end over the posts in that socket and running them inside the cab, remotely fusing that position while incorporating a switch in the line to deactivate it?
It's a 30A fuse though, so the wires would have to be fairly substantial... I wonder if there is a wire that is already run up into the cab which I could splice a switch into?

On my 2013, when I discovered they added yaw control to the vehicles, somebody told me "for a charge" the dealership could add a switch to the console to disable the yaw control, but unless there is a direct line to just the "yaw" part, I doubt they would add a switch which also disabled the ABS, etc...

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

As I was pulling the fuse last night I was thinking, wouldn't it be as simple as removing the fuse, slipping a wire connector end over the posts in that socket and running them inside the cab, remotely fusing that position while incorporating a switch in the line to deactivate it?
It's a 30A fuse though, so the wires would have to be fairly substantial... ?

Here's what I did.

Attachments

• 22a-JFJ ECS-TCS Modification.pdf
    236.4 KB · Views: 12

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It used to be so nice, like when I was stuck in a traffic jamb on a 2 lane road, to do a quick 180 degree NASCAR turnaround to go the opposite direction. But with a long bed crew cab truck, and the turning radius of an aircraft carrier that they have, that simple use of throttle and a modicum of driving skill is no longer available... Frickin' PC ********....

It's a 30A fuse though, so the wires would have to be fairly substantial... I wonder if there is a wire that is already run up into the cab which I could splice a switch into?

On my 2013, when I discovered they added yaw control to the vehicles, somebody told me "for a charge" the dealership could add a switch to the console to disable the yaw control, but unless there is a direct line to just the "yaw" part, I doubt they would add a switch which also disabled the ABS, etc...

Isn't there a kit available? I think it's been mentioned in this thread.

OP
OP
50BMG

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's what I did.

" Or, I used an AGT WR-02 remote-controlled wireless switch to control the relay and "linked" it to a HomeLink (garage door) button. This saves the trouble of pulling wires into the cab and
installing a switch".

THE GARAGE DOOR BUTTON!

John! You are a flippin' SUPER GENIOUS!

Or, is it "Sheer Unadulterated Brilliance"?

Haas, are you talking about the switch in this thread from another brilliant person (Brandon) that makes it so your transfer case works like "real" 4WD? Or, I guess there is that Tazer-Ram module too, that says it disables ESC/TC too.

I think if we got Brandon and John together in the same room, they could probably fabricate a tactical nuke out of some moldy bread, a paperclip and a chewing gum wrapper...
LoL...

_3o-4ADRadp2uteDphRo=s100-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
" Or, I used an AGT WR-02 remote-controlled wireless switch to control the relay and "linked" it to a HomeLink (garage door) button. This saves the trouble of pulling wires into the cab and
installing a switch".

THE GARAGE DOOR BUTTON!

Haas, are you talking about the switch in this thread from another brilliant person (Brandon) that makes it so your transfer case works like "real" 4WD? Or, I guess there is that Tazer-Ram module too, that says it disables ESC/TC too.

I think if we got Brandon and John together in the same room, they could probably fabricate a tactical nuke out of some moldy bread, a paperclip and a chewing gum wrapper...
LoL...

Well John it's on we have to meet and do something spectacular. [emoji16] We may be put on a no fly list though lmao. Just a little blurt but once my cam is in my truck and it's running again I may and or may not be working on paddle shifters for the ram. [emoji6]

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
installing a switch".

THE GARAGE DOOR BUTTON!

LoL...

Ah, yes. I was thinking of that 4WD switch. Thanks for the correction