Is there enough interest in AlphaODB to create a topic discussion area?

Would you be in favor of creating a single Topic Discussion Area for AlphaODB?

• Yes

Votes: 135 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Since the AlfaODB system allows many configuration changes to the 4th Gen trucks that might appear in many other sections of this site, would it be useful to place everything AlfaODB in its own topic Discussion area? To creat a Go To place to check on all things AlfaODB. Please respond to the poll below and lets gauge the interest.

Here is their site:

http://alfaobd.com/

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Hold on - let me go make some popcorn before you guys start jumping on this one :popcorn:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There should actually be a stand alone forum created for AlfaOBD for all FCA owners. The thread here is too big to the point that people new to it see the post count, and don’t even bother looking through anything, and figure “screw it, I’m just gonna ask”.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe just point out that we do have a search tool which used correctly eliminates the need for asking questions that already have been answered a couple times already .

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This has been brought up and suggested many many many times and went nowhere. But yes, I would like to see a separate section for Alfa where we can have individual threads to break up the discussion to specific functions.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I voted yes but I doubt it will happen because your kinda promoting an item for a non preferred vendor. Now if you could get Alphaobd to become a vendor here then it would have its own forum.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I voted yes but I doubt it will happen because your kinda promoting an item for a non preferred vendor. Now if you could get Alphaobd to become a vendor here then it would have its own forum.
The thing about that is, it’s just an app on the google play store that can only be obtained there (or windows software). It’s not like paying vendors can offer it, or the developer is undercutting paying vendors. It’s already common knowledge, or recommended anytime modifications come up. It could actually only help preferred vendors, like selling LED lighting knowing there’s a way to install them without worrying about faults, or allmoparparts for buying factory parts to install higher trim level options.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Perhaps a "Software Mods" forum where threads focus on on mods like enable LED lighting, global down, vehicle theft alarm, etc. That way the new forum is vendor neutral and other products like Appcar DiagFCA, Witech, etc. could also fit into the various threads geared towards a specific mod. Folks looking to do a mod could easily find the place to get info on that mod, folks could browse potential mods and it gives a place to put / create new mods so they don't get lost in a monster thread.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
There should actually be a stand alone forum created for AlfaOBD for all FCA owners. The thread here is too big to the point that people new to it see the post count, and don’t even bother looking through anything, and figure “screw it, I’m just gonna ask”.

There is currently 446 pages of posts on the Alfa thread. I will absolutely admit that I am not going to look through all of that to find a solution to a problem. I will simply ask a question out in an open forum, ignore the peeps who tell me to go look at the thread, and hope someone can give me an answer.

An AlfaOBD specific forum would eliminate that hassle for me and for anyone else needing Alfa help.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is currently 446 pages of posts on the Alfa thread. I will absolutely admit that I am not going to look through all of that to find a solution to a problem. I will simply ask a question out in an open forum, ignore the peeps who tell me to go look at the thread, and hope someone can give me an answer.

An AlfaOBD specific forum would eliminate that hassle for me and for anyone else needing Alfa help.

Thats the point of the search tool you do not have to read through the whole thread the search tool will do that for you hence what I wrote earlier. If you experiment with how to use it you can find just what pertains to what you are asking or thinking about doing . Yes some time you have to experiment with your wording but its all there, let the tool search find it and then you can read it . I am not trying to be a smart ass but it is capable of doing what most people need, the info is already here..

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats the point of the search tool you do not have to read through the whole thread the search tool will do that for you hence what I wrote earlier. If you experiment with how to use it you can find just what pertains to what you are asking or thinking about doing . Yes some time you have to experiment with your wording but its all there, let the tool search find it and then you can read it . I am not trying to be a smart ass but it is capable of doing what most people need, the info is already here..
Then why isn’t this entire forum just one single and incredibly long thread?

it’s because it’s more productive when we can categorize topics and separate them some.

It’s not about what’s possible. it’s more about what can make this forum even greater for everyone. And it wouldn’t be that difficult to have a new section created amirite???

oh and so far it’s an 8:1 vote in favor of creating an ALFAobd section.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How many people check out that first post of the current thread before asking a question? Not that it's a requirement...
It would probably be much of the same thing even if there was a dedicated sub forum.

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
We can debate this all day long but in the end it's something the mods/owners have to decide to add. I've reached out to them before about this and crickets.

I'm not sure who the "belly button" is to poke but that's what needs to be done. Us talking about it isn't going to go anywhere.