Is U-Connect worth it ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David DeSau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Liter Diesel
Just purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 Laredo 3.0 D - Apparently the Un-Connect subscription is expired - is it worth the $150 a year for it?

What had been your experience with Uconnect ?

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Only if you really need it. It's not a very good service

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco
Maybe not for $150. I got it for half the price in March and I've utilized remote start via the app daily. Too damn hot in Texas. The other day I went to the theater and wasn't sure if I had locked the truck. I just opened the app, locked the doors, and got confirmation the request had been made.

Works well on my Samsung phone.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're in an area where it gets really hot or really cold and it's too far for the key fob to remote start then the Uconnect works great. I use the Uconnect start very often in summer and winter. So for me it's well worth it. Of course, YMMV!

This being said, I think the app itself sucks. At least three times now I've had to uninstall / reinstall in order to retrieve vehicle information. I've checked the fingerprint access button so many times it's not funny because it keeps turning that off. This is on a Google Pixel 3XL so it should be able to run on pure Android.

Last edited:

Inhocmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
So to caveat my opinion, I have a remote starter in my Ram so the biggest selling point of the UConnect isn't as bit a priority for me.

So the UConnect works...it's not fast but it does do what it says it will. Expect a 60-90 second minimum delay between command entry and the request winding its way through the system. It works, but it's not instant. That turns people off.

One of the other 'perks' of the system is the Truck Location piece. Perhaps checking with your insurance company to see if that kind of service gives you some sort of discount may make the the annual cost easier to manage.

Overall, it's a neat little service, but unless you absolutely have to have the remote start, I'd struggle to justify $12.50 per month at full cost to have it.

fran-c7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its also nice to locate your truck ... for different reasons

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 Laredo 3.0 D - Apparently the Un-Connect subscription is expired - is it worth the $150 a year for it?

What had been your experience with Uconnect ?

I just redid my Uconnect but they had a price reduction it was only 75.00 bucks. Let me say that if the price was not 75.00 bucks I would of never gotten it because you really dont use it that much. I like it in the winter to start my truck when its really cold out if aim shopping in the mall or out to dinner. This way its already warm in the truck or same in the summer :banana-mario:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54