Issues on startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocco2891

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 ram 1500. Recently on startup I've had issues. If I use the remote start it will start but as soon as I put the key in it shuts down sometimes. When I don't use the remote start and just turn the key different things happen. Sometimes the horn honks. Sometimes the doors immediately lock, or the flashers blink. Even though the truck is still under the extended warranty which should cover any issues, I just bought a house and can't afford to loose the asset right now. Has anybody else had this issue? And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I love this truck. I have a k&n intake. That makes the hemi sound like a beast in the cab. Also a bilstein 5100 set to 2.8 with 2" blocks in the back.

ajs3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 ram 1500. Recently on startup I've had issues. If I use the remote start it will start but as soon as I put the key in it shuts down sometimes. When I don't use the remote start and just turn the key different things happen. Sometimes the horn honks. Sometimes the doors immediately lock, or the flashers blink. Even though the truck is still under the extended warranty which should cover any issues, I just bought a house and can't afford to loose the asset right now. Has anybody else had this issue? And advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I love this truck. I have a k&n intake. That makes the hemi sound like a beast in the cab. Also a bilstein 5100 set to 2.8 with 2" blocks in the back.
Might be time for a new battery. These trucks do strange things with a weak battery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Battery or TIPM. If you change the battery and it is still doing it, TIPM.

Tire stores can test the battery for free, the hemi takes more amperage to start then most. If the battery was never changed, way past due.

Welcome to the Forum, my friend just named his boy Rocco :) I thought he was joking, but he was very serious.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I'd say you need a new battery, but everyone else already did.... :happy160: