Issues with re-setting air suspension ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, got an issue trying to rewrite the ride height on my truck. What I’m trying to do is level it from front to back so I don’t have to keep using my aftermarket front adjustable leaving links.

It’s a 2018 Limited 4x4 and before it started anything, my factory values with the stock links put back on were as follows:

The inch measurements is from the ground to the bottom of the upper wheel arcs with the wheel hub in the center.

FL Cal Height: 70 mm - 36
FR Cal Height: 75 mm - 37-3/8

RL Cal Height: 79 mm - 38
RR Cal Height: 77 mm - 39-1/8

My first attempt being that as you can see, it’s around two inches taller in the rear and from left to right, it’s pretty much a tad over an inch higher on the right.

I went in, made sure there were no codes stored in the ASCM and then went to the part where you re-write the values. I figured I’d start off by raising the whole left side so I went from 70mm to 73mm on the front-left and from 79mm to 82mm on the rear-left. I left the right alone. I followed the instructions and cleared the two codes like it instructed you to do so after recalibrating, I disconnected from the ASCM, shut the truck off, locked it and waited a few minutes before I turned the truck back on, used the buttons on the dash to raise the truck to OF2 mode and then brought ir back down to NRH. I took my measurements from the ground to the tops of the wheel arcs and my FL didn’t change as it’s still at 36 inches. My rear left however, went down from 38 inches to 37&3/8 inches even though I gave the command to go up to 82mm from 79mm.

I guess I could understand the left-front not going up if I just need to go up further in the MM number but I don’t get why the LR went down instead of up.

Also, does it mess the calibration up when after you leave the vehicle for a while, the pump will just kick on at random and re-level the truck. Is that messing me up too? Also, my drive way is level but it has a little downward slope from the house to the street. Is that messing with me too?

Please help.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bro, my truck is exactly the same as yours. Can you tell me how you solved it?
How did I solve it? Well, after many times of messing with it and just not getting anywhere, I just when into alpha obd, went to the “write new values” part and when it set the suspension to the default height and asked for the values, I crawled under my truck with a tape and took my measurements from the ground to the to the lower control arms, measured from the ground to the center of the wheel, subtracted the first number from the second number, converted the answer to millimeters and entered that into alpha obd. Did that for all four corners, took measurements from the ground to the top of the wheel arches, noticed it still wasn’t quite level side to side so I did it all again. Took new measurements, entered those numbers and after that I ended up with a pretty level truck side to side with the normal rake from rear to front and then I just put my adjustable leveling links back on the front and achieved my leveled front to back look that way.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brother, look at my topic, I suspect that there is a problem with the automatic adjustment, and now the air suspension does not move after parking. The values I entered are factory values and should not be skewed. Now the system status shows that automatic load detection is not enabled.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did I solve it? Well, after many times of messing with it and just not getting anywhere, I just when into alpha obd, went to the “write new values” part and when it set the suspension to the default height and asked for the values, I crawled under my truck with a tape and took my measurements from the ground to the to the lower control arms, measured from the ground to the center of the wheel, subtracted the first number from the second number, converted the answer to millimeters and entered that into alpha obd. Did that for all four corners, took measurements from the ground to the top of the wheel arches, noticed it still wasn’t quite level side to side so I did it all again. Took new measurements, entered those numbers and after that I ended up with a pretty level truck side to side with the normal rake from rear to front and then I just put my adjustable leveling links back on the front and achieved my leveled front to back look that way.
I mean. If your truck also doesn't automatically adjust the ride level. It is definitely not just a matter of setting the height value.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mean. If your truck also doesn't automatically adjust the ride level. It is definitely not just a matter of setting the height value.