Issues with the ModifyStreet projector upgrades from Amazon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the2010ramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some assistance. I bought the modifystreet projector headlights for my truck and they are so nice. But when I was going to install them I noticed that the connector for the blinker on my truck didn't match the one on the headlights. Unsure of what to do and would like some guidance. Thanks

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
You have to reuse your blinker housing, take out the bulb, and push the new connector into the old blinker housing. If that makes sense for you. Maybe post a picture of what you’re looking at? I can get a better idea of what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take connector out if stock, plug the blade connector from new into it, twist whole enchilada back into new housing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like 'em too....but prefer tostadas with shredded chicken....

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I just had to take my right headlight out due to the blinker not wanting to work. Well I pulled it into the garage to work in it and it started working again... didn’t touch it... figured I’d take it out and reset the connection. Works fine now. But here are some pictures of what you’re looking for. eb0870b0f8f4dbe33d6ba724991f7507.jpgc60a39e2e05371eca2ee687f31dc14aa.jpge5b925159d16548cdb99570b5901cf30.jpg

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What do you think of these lights? Is it worth the price or should I wait and get Morimoto units for my truck?

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
What do you think of these lights? Is it worth the price or should I wait and get Morimoto units for my truck?

They look amazing, feel solid, and I’ve got a bunch of compliments on them in person already, just after 2 days of them being installed. My truck doesn’t register the LED blinkers so I had to buy and AllhaOBD kit to fix it. You can always add resistors in on the lines but resistors get really hot and I didn’t want to risk it. All in all I’ve got $500 spent on them. Which is still just over 1/3 the price of the Morimoto headlights. The light output on the HIDs and blinkers isn’t super crazy bright but you can see them in direct sunlight, and at night they look very crisp.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very much worth it. The Morimotos have no chance of being 3 times brighter, or getting light 3 times further, or being 3 times better quality. All in all, these are the absolute best bang for buck lights on the market right now.

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Very much worth it. The Morimotos have no chance of being 3 times brighter, or getting light 3 times further, or being 3 times better quality. All in all, these are the absolute best bang for buck lights on the market right now.

Agreed. Bank for buck all the way. I can’t take my eyes off them when I see my truck...

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Quick dumb question or two before I order these..

The Amazon listing says the bumper has to be removed to install the lights, is that true? I have plow mounts that involve my bumper and that would make any removal of the bumper a major PIA$$...
I know this one is subjective, HID or LEd for low beams...I know high beam HID is a no go..and what K rating do you like ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JV Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Quick dumb question or two before I order these..

The Amazon listing says the bumper has to be removed to install the lights, is that true? I have plow mounts that involve my bumper and that would make any removal of the bumper a major PIA$$...
I know this one is subjective, HID or LEd for low beams...I know high beam HID is a no go..and what K rating do you like ..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

No need to remove the bumper. Just the grill, which is 4 bolts at the top holding it on. And honestly if you have a really long socket you don’t even need to remove the grill, but in the long run it makes it much more simple. I ordered the HIDs but was a bit confused on how to install them into the headlight itself so I have yet to get what I ordered installed. I have the headlights installed and they look great. As far as HIDs I went with 8k lumen, I feel the 10k lumen will look way to blue for my liking. Once I can figure out how to wire the HIDs in correctly I’ll let you know how they turn out. I suggest watching some videos of how to remove the headlights on YouTube. Big help. Best of luck.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Per many "experts" the best temperature is going to be 4-5000 K.

I prefer 4500K as it is a little yellow, and easier on your eyes (less fatigue). I got the 6000K because it was the lowest available in kit form included with these lights. They are very good, very light blue tinting.

6000K is as blue as I will ever tun, but the higher, the bluer, that simple. Most Audis and Acuras run approximately 6000K for reference.

HID and LED have had good results, HID is technically capable of brighter output.

LED is instant on. Some projectors don't like LEDs, but these ones seem fine...

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would agree with the above in respect to the 6000k being max. That is unless you want blue. I prefer 5000-5500k, very slight blue tint. 10k is full on CRAYOLA blue.
Another thread with basically the same title has the color spectrum shown. Just google it and read up. The more blue you go, the visibility in rain/weather decreases...fyi thats why yellow works great for fog lights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye