Jasper engine reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So... nobody really worries that there are 51 reviews for Jasper, and they got 1.5 stars on this site: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/jasper-engines-and-transmissions.html

Makes me really think about buying their engine, there are some horror stories there.

It's possible that those reviews are fake... but i can't think of anyone who would really directly benefit from writing so many bad reviews.
Remember very very few people run to the internet to praise a company but many will to complain about one. I have a jasper 7.3L in my 97 F250 with 280k with no issues and it is heavily modded(630 rwhp)

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Personally I'd do one of two things based on budget and time frame. Either use Jasper to get me back on the road without much worry assuming a competent installer (The source of most issues 99% of the time).... or build a 5.7 based 392 stroker if the block was still serviceable. I've met a Jasper rep or two and like everyone else says its typically that small percentage with problems making all the noise.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 1998
Engine
5.9 Gas & 5.9 Diesel
Over the years have replaced quite a few engines and transmissions with Jasper rebuilds. Only had a small problem with one Ford engine and Jasper paid me the labor and for the parts to make the minor repair in my shop instead of having to swap out the whole engine. They worked with me on this with no problems.
I still own a Chevy truck with a Jasper 6 cyl. I purchased and installed 25 years ago and it is still running just fine.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So... nobody really worries that there are 51 reviews for Jasper, and they got 1.5 stars on this site: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/jasper-engines-and-transmissions.html

Makes me really think about buying their engine, there are some horror stories there.

It's possible that those reviews are fake... but i can't think of anyone who would really directly benefit from writing so many bad reviews.

I have known people to submit false reports either because they felt abused by a company or for just simple product bias. In fact, I had a person confess to me they submit negative things to Consumers Reports because he hated Chrysler products. And I don't think he ever owned one, either. Be advised you can hire people to write negative reviews.

There was a person who started a hate campaign against Fram filters some years ago, supposedly based on "scientific evidence" of taking them apart and comparing pieces to other makes. In reality his so-called scientific approach was sophomoric at best, and highly assumptive at worst. You could tell from his invective filled narrative that he had some vendetta going on, and as it turns out, he did.

I've only one experience with a Jasper Chevy motor and that was years ago. I don't recall having any problems with it.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 007081 miles.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buddy of mine has a jasper in his '04 1500 since '09.still drives the hell out of it today.
Hellcat,Demon,Hellaphant?I would find it hard to believe all those as crate motors are junk also.I'd buy any in a heartbeat if I could

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Did you guys see how bad reviews are for Jasper remanufactured engines?? Just Google Jasper engine reviews, website called Consumer Affairs has tons of Jasper reviews and almost all of them are horror stories ...

Anyone heard any feedback about Jasper remanufactured engines?

LOL, I've never even heard of Jasper reman engines.