JJ Senior. 2007, 3500 Mega cab 6.7 Owner. 210k on it. With no problems UNTIL now. I’m stumped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ Senior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope I’m posting this correctly, if not please forgive me, I will figure it out. long story short, I ended up getting water in my fuel tank, a lot of it. Dropped the tank, removed the water and replaced the fuel filter. Code popped up that injectors 1 & 6 are bad, I ended up replacing all injectors with attached components. Bled the fuel lines, replaced sensors and now it wont start at all. It has a strong crank but will not fire over. I do have to mention I have a delete kit on it. Ive tried everything. If anyone have experience PLEASE HELP. I had it at a mechanic shop and they couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t start. Everything indicates that it should start. But nope.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Did you take it swimming. If it’s getting fuel and air it should run even if it’s poorly. But with the newer computer control if it got wet could be the problem. No codes?

OP
OP
J

JJ Senior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I’m excited to be a part of this forum.
Not sure how that quantity got into my tank, I can understand a little condensation from above ground tanks and inadequate venting but it was about a 1/2 gallon of water. I was driving and the truck sputtered and white smoke came out then all hell broke loose. The truck started shaking badly. Nothing in the engine compartment has been wet and no codes. I’m going to put in new batteries in tonight since my anger got the best of me and I killed the batteries. I can’t imagine anything below the injectors could have been ruined by water but who knows. Maybe just a new computer.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your lift pump working properly, how is your HPFP, are you getting a good flow to your injectors? have you pressurized the lines and bleed all of the air out of lines.

OP
OP
J

JJ Senior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just received my invoice from last shop and they replaced a stuck open PRV. It built more pressure but not enough. Fuel rail pressure sensor tested bad so they replaced that. Pressure reads 10k but still wont start. Other than the computer, I can’t think of anything else.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have to ask what type of fuel filters are you using as OEM or top quality filters help block water, also where you buy fuel either has a major leak in their underground tank or someone poured water in to your trucks tank being you said you it had 1/2 gallon of water in it..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
check your fuel pressure & catch some fuel in a clear container & let it settle

diesel-moisture-risks.jpg
did you prime the fuel system correctly ?

bobby a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I was always told by the dealership diesel guy to open the fuel filter tube every couple months to drain any condensation that might get sepeated.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I was always told by the dealership diesel guy to open the fuel filter tube every couple months to drain any condensation that might get sepeated.
That is 100% correct you should drain it every 2-3 months, in the past 16 years have never had the water in fuel light come one..

OP
OP
J

JJ Senior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m back and now fully frustrated. I have replaced with all new injectors, rails, pressure relief valve, fuel rail sensor (now reads 10K psi), new ECM, new throttle position sensor. Full crank like it will fire over but NO. Insane frustrated. Any ideas. What am I missing? It should start.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I’m back and now fully frustrated. I have replaced with all new injectors, rails, pressure relief valve, fuel rail sensor (now reads 10K psi), new ECM, new throttle position sensor. Full crank like it will fire over but NO. Insane frustrated. Any ideas. What am I missing? It should start.
Have you checked the Camshaft Pos Sensor and or its wires?

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Lots of things that this could be. Before it'll open injectors a few things need to happen -

- ECM needs to have both unswitched power and keyswitch on power. It needs to know you actually want it to run.
- engine speed needs to be ~ 150 rpm
- it has to properly read that engine speed
-measured rail pressure needs to be close to commanded rail pressure. Should eventually get a fault if it isn't.
- crank position and cam position have to agree with each other

Once it starts squirting, a few more things need to happen

- must actually have fuel in the rail, not water or air
- injectors need to be healthy enough to actually open
- injector drivers have to get juice to the injector
- engine and cam position have to be reading correctly

If all those things happen it should at least attempt to start. There may be some ram-specific protections in there that I don't know about, but that should get you close in the list of things to check.