Just bought front and rear Fox 2.5 with DSC from Accutune!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Hey gang. I'll be updating this thread with more information later as I'm at work right now but I wanted to get it started! As the title says, I just bought custom tuned Fox 2.5 shocks with the dual speed compression adjusters from Accutune! The specific models are here: https://accutuneoffroad.com/product...2-5-series-remote-reservoir-5-7-0-2-lift-dsc/
And here: https://accutuneoffroad.com/product...5-series-remote-reservoir-9-8-0-1-5-lift-dsc/

The rears are in stock and being tuned and the fronts I'm waiting to ship to Accutune from Fox which we are hoping will arrive in August. They ordered them months ago and luckily for me, no one had claimed them yet!

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I already have the Carli 1/4" - 3/4" lift, longer multi rate rear coils on my truck as well as the Carli upgraded and adjustable swaybar end links and drop bracket for the Core 4x4 panhard bar I have installed. I have a Hellwig adjustable swaybar also. This year I'm hoping to also run 37" Cooper AT3 XLT tires and possibly a set of 17" Method Racing Wheels.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are your Accutuned Kings working out for ya? I know that your shocks are longer than mine but I believe that my Fox's will still give me more travel than stock. :)
They're working great. truck can be loaded to the roof or i can by myself, pavement or dirt, i can beat the chit out of the shocks for hours in washboards then simple hit the road back home, they don't complaint, they don't make any noises, and the ride is super compliant.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sub'd for your feedback! I'm sure you're gonna love them! Ill take a quality 10" of tuned suspension over generic long travel all day. I know I hammer the **** out of my basic icon/fox stuff and it never lets me down so I can't imagine you'll have a single complaint!

Looking at the specs all you lose is a bit of droop travel out back with the lengths. Depending on your hub to fender measurements you'll likely be about 50/50 split in the rear bump and droop travel which will feel nice and balanced.

I'm a bit jealous!!!!

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Sub'd for your feedback! I'm sure you're gonna love them! Ill take a quality 10" of tuned suspension over generic long travel all day. I know I hammer the **** out of my basic icon/fox stuff and it never lets me down so I can't imagine you'll have a single complaint!

Looking at the specs all you lose is a bit of droop travel out back with the lengths. Depending on your hub to fender measurements you'll likely be about 50/50 split in the rear bump and droop travel which will feel nice and balanced.

I'm a bit jealous!!!!
In the rear, I should be pulling just about 13" using a 1.33 to 1 motion ratio and the 9.77" of shock travel and just over 9" in front using a 1.6 to 1 motion ratio with the 5.77" front shock travel! :) Pretty sure the motion ratios I used are accurate although somebody please correct me if I'm mistaken. I think that my shocks have a little more actual travel due to having the external reservoirs than a similarly specced non reservoir shock?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
In the rear, I should be pulling just about 13" using a 1.33 to 1 motion ratio and the 9.77" of shock travel and just over 9" in front using a 1.6 to 1 motion ratio with the 5.77" front shock travel! :) Pretty sure the motion ratios I used are accurate although somebody please correct me if I'm mistaken. I think that my shocks have a little more actual travel due to having the external reservoirs than a similarly specced non reservoir shock?
This sounds about right. The rear is harder to calculate off hand since it's based off shock angle vs travel in a given distance. But i would suspect it's around the 1.2-1.3:1 range and the front is for sure 1.5-1.6 range. My memory is a bit vague on what exactly they were but ballpark is right in those ranges for sure.

Having the external resivoir I believe does add a bit of stroke vs IBP shocks. Yet again I haven't nerded out in a while on it. Strictly going to a higher volume of oil and getting the gas into the resivoir instead of sharing the shock body is worth it. My rear fox 2.0s are 16.6-28" spec and they get hot quick. Even with this amount of travel the rear can't keep up with my front simply with it being marginal valving profile and a small body shock.

With your setup you'll be able to boogie no problem. What kinda valving are you going with?

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
This sounds about right. The rear is harder to calculate off hand since it's based off shock angle vs travel in a given distance. But i would suspect it's around the 1.2-1.3:1 range and the front is for sure 1.5-1.6 range. My memory is a bit vague on what exactly they were but ballpark is right in those ranges for sure.

Having the external resivoir I believe does add a bit of stroke vs IBP shocks. Yet again I haven't nerded out in a while on it. Strictly going to a higher volume of oil and getting the gas into the resivoir instead of sharing the shock body is worth it. My rear fox 2.0s are 16.6-28" spec and they get hot quick. Even with this amount of travel the rear can't keep up with my front simply with it being marginal valving profile and a small body shock.

With your setup you'll be able to boogie no problem. What kinda valving are you going with?
I am going to have them ride super plush with the ability to stiffen them up with the DSC's when hitting rougher terrain. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere too hardcore to drive where I live but even washboard roads can test our suspension pretty good.

Last edited:

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I know my bilstein 5160 is the same shock body and piston as my 5100 was but it’s around 1” longer extended with the external reservoir on it.

also congratulations Belleville. I talked to accutune previously about getting fox or kings but he had 0 in stock and said they were still unknown on actual arrival since he was really back ordered on shocks for existing orders so I’m still looking at buying bilstein 6112 for my fronts since they’re back in stock currently. I think one of my front 5100s may be collapsing as my truck seems to be leaning more lately than I remember. I’m getting an alignment soon and see if that’s my culprit first. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve blown a 5100 with only 25,000 miles on it. I’m not easy on my truck.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I got EXTREMELY lucky in getting my shocks. Hopefully the fronts will arrive in August as they are expecting! I have wanted these for a long time now and I am positive that they are going to be worth the wait! I come from a downhill mountain bike background and had top of the line rear suspension with a reservoir and DSC and inverted motocross style forks also with high and low speed compression adjusters.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I got EXTREMELY lucky in getting my shocks. Hopefully the fronts will arrive in August as they are expecting! I have wanted these for a long time now and I am positive that they are going to be worth the wait! I come from a downhill mountain bike background and had top of the line rear suspension with a reservoir and DSC and inverted motocross style forks also with high and low speed compression adjusters.
Now we're talking. I grew up 30 mins from Mountain Creek in Vernon NJ. Not quite as bad a$$ as west coast of Canada stuff, but BA for NJ lol. Been riding my whole life, which is part of why I have a bad habit of liking to go fast. Off topic but what you running??

Be warned, this will ruin perceived ride quality on any other vehicles in the future! I'm excited for you.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Now we're talking. I grew up 30 mins from Mountain Creek in Vernon NJ. Not quite as bad a$$ as west coast of Canada stuff, but BA for NJ lol. Been riding my whole life, which is part of why I have a bad habit of liking to go fast. Off topic but what you running??

Be warned, this will ruin perceived ride quality on any other vehicles in the future! I'm excited for you.
I haven't ridden in a number of years now as I went through some health issues. I was riding a custom hand made frame made by a guy out in B.C. and my suspension was by the company Avalanche. DSC03876.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I haven't ridden in a number of years now as I went through some health issues. I was riding a custom hand made frame made by a guy out in B.C. and my suspension was by the company Avalanche. View attachment 465381
Avalanche was the Creme De Leche! Never did get my hands on any of their stuff, was it all it was cracked up to be? Back in the day....2006ish I was racing JR Expert/Pro Open so they were pushing Dorados and Those Progressive 5th element shocks out here. Until recently I just had marzocchi 888s and a Fox Van Rc/dhx so yea im super big fan of plush suspension!

I just rebuilt my old free ride bike into an all mountain. 26" still lives on! Its a 2003 Giant Faith, RockShox Totem and a 1x10 drivetrain. I'm older and broken but this allows me to get out and still have fun and pretend I'm cool again.

Hijack over!

Attachments

• 20210722_072345.jpg
    20210722_072345.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Avalanche was the Creme De Leche! Never did get my hands on any of their stuff, was it all it was cracked up to be? Back in the day....2006ish I was racing JR Expert/Pro Open so they were pushing Dorados and Those Progressive 5th element shocks out here. Until recently I just had marzocchi 888s and a Fox Van Rc/dhx so yea im super big fan of plush suspension!

I just rebuilt my old free ride bike into an all mountain. 26" still lives on! Its a 2003 Giant Faith, RockShox Totem and a 1x10 drivetrain. I'm older and broken but this allows me to get out and still have fun and pretend I'm cool again.

Hijack over!
Sweet ride! I'm 51 myself and have had my fair share of crashes and mishaps over the years! I actually considered buying one of those battery power dirt bike/ DH bike looking things! I forgot the name but they are like a DH bike but powered by a battery so no need to pedal! As for the Avalanche suspension,but was indeed all it was cracked up to he! Not the lightest but definitely the best tuned of its era!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sweet ride! I'm 51 myself and have had my fair share of crashes and mishaps over the years! I actually considered buying one of those battery power dirt bike/ DH bike looking things! I forgot the name but they are like a DH bike but powered by a battery so no need to pedal! As for the Avalanche suspension,but was indeed all it was cracked up to he! Not the lightest but definitely the best tuned of its era!
The shop I use has one of those pit bike/electric dirt bike things. It'll do 45mph and go like 75 miles. Not cheap but man was it sweet!

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Just came home from driving some rough back roads on my current Bilstein 5100 set-up and wanted to share my thoughts. My trucks front end is set at the max 2.8" lift and the rear of my truck has Carli multi rate coils but unfortunately, I had to use the 1" coil spacers I was using on my stock coils as I didn't get the rubber isolators back when the shop installed them. So, my rear suspension isn't ideal due to the shocks being close to topped out and my front suspension is at the max as far as preload goes. I decided to try to find the sweet spot with my tire pressures to help stop the back end from bouncing and the front end from feeling too harsh. Bilstein 5100's have digressive valving and aren't ideal for small bumps nor big bumps. What they are good at is road handling and keeping body roll to a minimum. Unfortunately they really aren't good at going quickly off road. I'm running 17x 35x12.5 Falken Wildpeak tires which are E rated. I ended up running 36 PSI up front and 31 in the rear and this was quite a noticeable improvement from the higher pressures I had them at for better gas mileage. I can only imagine how smooth my ride will be when I have the new custom tuned Fox 2.5's installed and the 17x37x12.5 Cooper AT3 XLT tires I plan on running! Updates to come as soon as I have the shocks!

Last edited: