Just bought front and rear Fox 2.5 with DSC from Accutune!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
My rear shocks are shipping! I'll get them installed and do some driving to get a feel for them and share my thoughts soon.
I'd like to add that Accutune has outstanding customer service and they are quick to respond to my questions. I highly recommend them if you are looking for custom tuned suspension!

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+100 on their customer service. They went the whole yard for me when King messed up my custom shock length. Shocks I had installed and tested offroad before I told them the length on the shocks wasnt what I had ordered. They took my shocks back and shipped them to King and talked to King on my behalf to get the length I needed. Heck I picked up my 3rd set of Kings straigth from King to save on the shipping. Didn't pay a dime on that 3rd set. Accutune rocks. And it helps King is around 30min from where Iive :). Kudos to King as well especially correcting the issue in just couple of weeks considering the crazy amount of time we must wait now days to get the good stuff.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
So..... My rear 2.5 with DSC adjusters just arrived but they AREN'T piggyback reservoirs as I was expecting! These shocks have the reservoirs attached to hoses instead. Do any of you have any images of where they are to be mounted on a Ram 1500? The package included a little installation pamphlet but it didn't help much. I'll need to be able to access those DSC adjusters from time to time so I can't mount them where I can't reach the knobs. * Edit: The shocks include the mounting brackets and hose clamps but I don't kniw where on the frame to mount them that would give me access to the adjusters.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You can source the brackets from a lot of places.
For example

Do you know if they came with misaligment spacers ? My Kings have them cause the shocks must be spaced a little away from the upper mount for a ply and play install.

You can also ask @revitupmoto33 where he got his, He's got Kings 2.5 though but his rears were not RAM specific and looked like yours initially, These were his Kings originally if i remember he said they were setup for Ford Truck so he had the source the needed misalignment spacers and id guess the res brackets as well. There is everything you can think of for these shocks so it shoudn't be hard to find a solution that can work for you.

You should be able to find them locally in Canada hopefully so you won't have to wait too long.
1628146221351.png

You can see his Icons had a similar bracket and held in place with what it looks steel hose clamps. just a different style bracket that's all. in this case the Icons are 2.0 so the bracket diameter will be smaller. make sure you get them for 2.5 body shocks.

1628146106745.png

Good luck.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I should have mentioned that they do come with the mounting brackets and clamps. I'm just not sure WHERE they are supposed to be mounted on the truck that will give me access to the adjusters. I'm very surprised that I wasn't sent the piggyback rears as those were what I had ordered!

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I picked up a couple of pairs of these on Amazon just now so I can mount the reservoirs directly to the shock bodies. * EDIT: I just got home and tried to bend the hoses to test fit and they won't work so I cancelled the order. I'll have to mount the reservoirs to the frame and try to figure out how to reach the damn things for making adjustments! Wish i would have been sent the right piggyback shocks so I wouldn't have to go through all this nonsense! GRRRRR!

Screenshot_20210805-122545.png

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah I just spot checked the parts in your first post. You had the right part# they should be piggybacks. You should be able to return and get get the correct shock application as the order has the correct part numbers? I though you had ordered custom shocks for the rear.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Oh yeah I just spot checked the parts in your first post. You had the right part# they should be piggybacks. You should be able to return and get get the correct shock application as the order has the correct part numbers? I though you had ordered custom shocks for the rear.
I've been trying to get in touch with Accutune but haven't heard back yet. I realize that they are probably very busy. I'm booked on Monday at my local shop to have them installed and now that they sent me non piggyback reservoirs it might affect the DSC access. I nearly cut a section out both of the rear wheel well liners in advance to make accessing the adjusters a breeze. Glad I didn't cut them yet! I'd have ruined them for no reason!

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
So, I received a call from Accutune and they are going to speak with someone at Fox to see what's going on. It's looking like Fox has had the piggyback reservoir photo as the image for the rear shocks for my truck on their website when that's NOT what you are going to receive when you get them! The parts number for the shocks I received matches the piggyback shocks on their own and every other website I've seen advertising them. You'd think that someone would have noticed that huge error over the last couple of years I've seen them pictured as having piggyback reservoirs!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I received a call from Accutune and they are going to speak with someone at Fox to see what's going on. It's looking like Fox has had the piggyback reservoir photo as the image for the rear shocks for my truck on their website when that's NOT what you are going to receive when you get them! The parts number for the shocks I received matches the piggyback shocks on their own and every other website I've seen advertising them. You'd think that someone would have noticed that huge error over the last couple of years I've seen them pictured as having piggyback reservoirs!
Strange, King 2.5 OE's are piggybacks, Icon 2.5 OE are also piggybacks, That doesn't mean they all have to be piggybacks though, but if Fox designed the shocks with a remote hose and res for the RAM they should have included the hardware and directions to mount it as they're selling you an OE Kit.

You can also contact Fox if you wanted as they're the ones making the shocks. Tell them about the part# and what you have received and ask them what that part# is supposed to be and if it happens to be a shock with a hose and RES where are the brackets and instructions how to mount them ? It's the only 2.5 rear shock part# listed in Fox website for the 4th gen RAM 1500. The 2.5 OE kit for the 2500's that will ft your 1500 is a piggyback so how in the hell the one specific for the 1500 will not be one..

You can see how Zach routed his Kings with a similar design as the shocks you have here in post#274.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
The kit DOES include the frame mounting brackets and hose clamps etc but I don’t see how the hell I’ll be able to use the DSC adjusters if the reservoirs are going to be tucked away on my frame. I can’t imagine why they aren’t a piggyback shock as that’s what they show for my truck and it is the only option that makes sense if you have the DSC adjusters.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Here's how the driver side shock will look. It looks like I'll need to reach up under the frame to turn the adjusters. As long as I can reach them I'll be happy. They sure look sweet with the Accutune stickers on now!

PXL_20210807_164800564.jpg

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I measured the shock shafts and it looks like they will have 9" of shock travel and not 9.77 as is given in the specs. That equates to about an inch less rear suspension travel than I thought I would have.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I measured the shock shafts and it looks like they will have 9" of shock travel and not 9.77 as is given in the specs. That equates to about an inch less rear suspension travel than I thought I would have.
What's the measurement eye to eye ?

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
What's the measurement eye to eye ?
They are 26.43" eye to eye as is listed in the specs. They sure look sexy! They are being installed tomorrow so I'll get some driving time in on them and post my observations. I've set them at their softest compression settings to start and I'll stiffen them up and see how big a difference the adjusters will make. From what I've read, the range of adjustment is substantial.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
@BellevilleRam

You can source the brackets from a lot of places.
For example

Do you know if they came with misaligment spacers ? My Kings have them cause the shocks must be spaced a little away from the upper mount for a ply and play install.

You can also ask @revitupmoto33 where he got his, He's got Kings 2.5 though but his rears were not RAM specific and looked like yours initially, These were his Kings originally if i remember he said they were setup for Ford Truck so he had the source the needed misalignment spacers and id guess the res brackets as well. There is everything you can think of for these shocks so it shoudn't be hard to find a solution that can work for you.

You should be able to find them locally in Canada hopefully so you won't have to wait too long.
View attachment 466654

You can see his Icons had a similar bracket and held in place with what it looks steel hose clamps. just a different style bracket that's all. in this case the Icons are 2.0 so the bracket diameter will be smaller. make sure you get them for 2.5 body shocks.

View attachment 466653

Good luck.
For the Kings I purchase the misalignment spacers directly from king. You can also try barnes4wd, I use them a lot for heim joints and misaligns. can also try steinjager.com As for the resi mounts they came with the shocks.

OP
OP
BellevilleRam

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
Here's the truck with the shocks installed. There's 4.75" of shaft (Out of 9" total) exposed at ride height. This is with the Carli 3/4" lift multi rate coils. It's tough to tell how much better they handle until I also have the fronts installed. Hopefully that will be this month. I set the adjusters at 3 clicks in high speed from fully soft and one click in of low speed compression for now. As I put more miles on them, they will get smoother over small stuff. What I can say already is that now I can REALLY tell how bad the front Bilstein shocks really are at controlling the body roll! This thing is going to be a BEAST once the fronts are on!
The shop installed the reservoirs down as low as possible so I can reach the knobs no problem!

PXL_20210809_175929701~2.jpgPXL_20210809_185426119.jpgPXL_20210809_163219209.jpgPXL_20210809_175559465~2.jpg

Last edited: