Just got a 2008 Ram 1500 SLT Hemi... Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mizewilliamc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Just got a 2008 Ram 1500 Hemi, and I need some advice on a few areas, first, for my interior, what would my best options be to either redo my seat material and/or get different and hopefully better seats from another dodge? If I went to a different color (and I’m kind of a perfectionist at times), what’s the best place to go for matching trim and carpet, right now I have gray interior, but id like to do black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan Klein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Just got a 2008 Ram 1500 Hemi, and I need some advice on a few areas, first, for my interior, what would my best options be to either redo my seat material and/or get different and hopefully better seats from another dodge? If I went to a different color (and I’m kind of a perfectionist at times), what’s the best place to go for matching trim and carpet, right now I have gray interior, but id like to do black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Changing the stock foam and covers on your existing seats is the "cheaper" option. Still fairly costly though, expect to spend at least $500 for the upholstery/covers, and the underlying foam. Removing the old leather and foam pieces is pretty difficult and time consuming. The easier option is find another 06-08 truck at, say, a scrapyard, and remove the seats yourself. Seats are a direct replacement for all 3rd gens. Be mindful of features your truck is equipped with, such as seat heaters or power seat operation. You must find seats that also have whatever options your truck has if you want everything to work right with no custom wiring. Finding a set of nice condition seats is pretty hard at pull apart yards. Seat tears/rips/foam sagginess is common for the seats of all 3rd gens, not to mention whatever nice condition seats they had are most likely gone now. Buying front AND rear seats that are in nice shape off eBay is gonna run you about $2,000.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Swap in 4th gen stuff. I managed a factory replacement black carpet for mine (it was originally black, I just needed to replace it). OEM ones are a bit difficult to find but they're out there.

IMAG4642.jpg

IMAG4644.jpg