Just ordered a 2016! - question on option groups??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Regular cab
Engine
Super stoked! - Just ordered on Saturday a 2500 Tradesman 4x4

Regular cab
Maximum steel metallic
4.10s
LSD
dual alts
sliding rear window
carpet delete
cloth seats
auxiliary switches
protection group
spray in liner
18" wheels
power and remote entry group
rear back-up camera
LED bed lighting
popular equipment group

Dealer said about 8 weeks on delivery. Paid $200 over invoice - which I'm happy with.

My question is - What exactly is the remote entry group and how is it different than the 'remote entry' feature that is included in the popular equipment group?? The only reason I checked the box for the remote entry group is because it was needed in order to get the backup camera. Is it just the old school press the button on the fob to lock/unlock the door? The way it reads on the website, it seems like it's the proximity entry feature that unlocks the door with the fob in your pocket - which I DON"T want. Not s deal breaker (obviously) but I'm wanting as few electronic doodads as possible.

Thanks!
:favorites13:

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Regular cab? 4x4 2500? Carpet delete? 4.10s? Aux switches? *******' !

Sounds very familiar. ;-)

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what was the price before tax & license??

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't know exactly what package is, but it is not the system you are thinking of where you touch the handles to unlock the doors.

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what was the price before tax & license??

$38,200 - before TTL. I feel pretty good about it. Dealer said it was $200 above invoice (have no idea if that's true or not, though...). Was able to get a really good deal on my trade in. Who knew the last year of the Toyota FJ (2014) with off road package, 6 speed manual and less than 20k miles would be so highly sought after... ?!? :roflsquared:

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know exactly what package is, but it is not the system you are thinking of where you touch the handles to unlock the doors.

That's good!

thnx for the info.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
$38,200 - before TTL. I feel pretty good about it. Dealer said it was $200 above invoice (have no idea if that's true or not, though...). Was able to get a really good deal on my trade in. Who knew the last year of the Toyota FJ (2014) with off road package, 6 speed manual and less than 20k miles would be so highly sought after... ?!? :roflsquared:

$38,000... a good deal has to be determined by the individual but i gave $40,00 for a crew cab long box 2500 cummins trades man... seems a bit steep in my honest opinion, but as i said the good deal has to be determined by the one buying it...

apepe0738

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
$38,000... a good deal has to be determined by the individual but i gave $40,00 for a crew cab long box 2500 cummins trades man... seems a bit steep in my honest opinion, but as i said the good deal has to be determined by the one buying it...

I have to agree on this one...I would have expected this truck to be under $35k, probably around $31k-$33k being that it has the 6.4 and not the 6.7 and a regular cab tradesman/slt. I have seen Crew Cab Laramie 6.4's for ~$40k.

I am pretty sure the remote entry group is just the key fob with the remote unlock/lock functions, not the one with the pad on the back of the handle with push button start. I don't think that is available on the regular cabs, but could be mistaken. Either way congrats on your truck you will love it...:waytogo:

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have to agree on this one...I would have expected this truck to be under $35k, probably around $31k-$33k being that it has the 6.4 and not the 6.7 and a regular cab tradesman/slt. I have seen Crew Cab Laramie 6.4's for ~$40k.

I am pretty sure the remote entry group is just the key fob with the remote unlock/lock functions, not the one with the pad on the back of the handle with push button start. I don't think that is available on the regular cabs, but could be mistaken. Either way congrats on your truck you will love it...:waytogo:

Hmmm.... now I'm feeling a little hosed. Last time I use truecar.com !! Oh well,with the trade on my FJ, I feel pretty good (not AS good now) about the transaction. At least the Mrs. already gave me her blessing - That counts for a LOT.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't stress over the price boss...what's done is done.. You have a brand new truck....you'll be happy every time you get in it.

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats! :)

For what it's worth I found this on ramtrucks.com for the tradesman.

Power and Remote Entry Group
•Remote Keyless Entry
Remote keyless entry unlocks your vehicle when your key fob is in close proximity, without needing to push any buttons or even remove the fob from your purse or pocket. The key fob also features a panic alarm so you can sound the horn and flash the lights from a distance.

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nevermind I re-read your last statement so yeah your getting what you don't want lol.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hmmm.... now I'm feeling a little hosed. Last time I use truecar.com !! Oh well,with the trade on my FJ, I feel pretty good (not AS good now) about the transaction. At least the Mrs. already gave me her blessing - That counts for a LOT.

In fairness, not everyone gets those deals easily. I know some of the dealers advertising on eBay offer unreal prices but around here it's not as common. I got 1k under invoice, plus the factory incentive stuff. Perhaps I could have shopped more dealers but after a while that gets annoying as well. Plus ordering a truck as opposed to picking something off the lot probably doesn't help.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I did not think you could get pushbutton start on a tradesman? And 38K does seem quite high. I know mine is a 14, but I got my RC 3500 drw 4x4 with power pkg, chrome pkg, stainless nerf bars, bedliner, remote start and mine has carpet for 31k out the door.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The proximity keyless entry isn't available on the tradesman, I think that might be a Laramie and higher package, so unless you got the wrong truck ordered (which would explain your price) you are fine. For the record I don't know how it is in your state but you are not committed to purchasing a truck you ordered. In Michigan they have to give you your deposit back as well. The sticker price on my crew cab tradesman was 40780 and I got it otd for 35k. If you join a group called tread lightly you can get supplier pricing which is 1% below invoice so probably about 1k cheaper than what you will pay.

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The proximity keyless entry isn't available on the tradesman, I think that might be a Laramie and higher package, so unless you got the wrong truck ordered (which would explain your price) you are fine. For the record I don't know how it is in your state but you are not committed to purchasing a truck you ordered. In Michigan they have to give you your deposit back as well. The sticker price on my crew cab tradesman was 40780 and I got it otd for 35k. If you join a group called tread lightly you can get supplier pricing which is 1% below invoice so probably about 1k cheaper than what you will pay.

That's good info, thnx. I'll definitely join tread lightly - and will go back to dealer to renegotiate.

2robinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab
Engine
6.4l gas
That's good info, thnx. I'll definitely join tread lightly - and will go back to dealer to renegotiate.

I joined tread lightly for the discount and basically wasted a $100.00 because I cut a better deal then tread lightly discount was giving me.

So tread lightly is a gamble.

Be aware also that you need to be a member of tread lightly for ( i believe ) 30 days before you can use the discount code.

2robinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab
Engine
6.4l gas
Hey mauspalls,

Just to give you some idea of pricing.
I ordered my 2016 Ram 3500 back in June.
I cut my deal at $1800.00 below invoice pricing and roughly $600.00 more then employee price.

This is how my deal went.

MSRP = $53,455
Invoice = $49,698
Employee price = $47,288

My agreed price = $47,900

Got $1500 in incentives.

So final price of $46,200 before tax and tags.

Dealer got me financed through Citizen Bank @ 2.04% for 72 months.

See my attached build sheet.
You can even see what the dealers hold back is.

All that matters is if you are happy with you deal.
I am very happy with the deal I made.
I'm sure someone out there did better, but i'm happy and that's what counts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat