Just ordered Opt 7 led's for dual lights and fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I see a screw in there but it's about stripped. I can't find a screwdriver that will turn it

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say try n find a way to turn the white piece so when it's seated the diodes will be up n down as much as possible.

Definetley check to make sure they're seated properly and all the way.

They shouldn't flicker from the vibrations if inserted correctly. Check all connections again.

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
It's gotten darker here so I cAn see a flicker going in with both bulbs. I may just take them out and wait for the other part from opt7 and also see if I can adjust the lock ring to get them upright in the housing.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's gotten darker here so I cAn see a flicker going in with both bulbs. I may just take them out and wait for the other part from opt7 and also see if I can adjust the lock ring to get them upright in the housing.

Yea you definitely need to get them completely vertical..and I mean to a "T". Mine were SLIGHTLY off and it caused a dark spot on my drivers side. I re-adjusted them and am waiting for it to get completely dark out so I can make sure they are even now.

As far as the flickering, I haven;t had any issues. There is a very VERY subtle flickering that happens time to time but nothing that is noticable unless you are looking for it.

Adam

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Just got me conformation on getting the relay and capacitors mailed to me....

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Output is pretty damn good I have to say. The combo of fog and headlights work well together and I like the color.... Perfect

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
so I have a flicker going on in high beam only on both sides. Buzzes when it flickers. I add something that they sent ( small pigtail, not sure what exactly it was ) which stopped the flicker on low but I didn't check the highs til yesterday when I was adjusting the bulb to get it correct. any ideas?

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
sent these turds back. got a hid kit for the fogs. thanks for the suggestion Rzrman328. worked great. plug and play. not sure what I'll do for the headlights, either HID or may try the Sylvania ZX for ease of install if they color match the fogs. this is fog only...

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 66

xbxjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
sent these turds back. got a hid kit for the fogs. thanks for the suggestion Rzrman328. worked great. plug and play. not sure what I'll do for the headlights, either HID or may try the Sylvania ZX for ease of install if they color match the fogs. this is fog only...

i'm running opt7 in my quads and morimotos 5000k hids in my fogs and i'm happy with the output. i might go with opt7 in my fogs as well, since the headlights work so well

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
The opt7 cree fog bulb doesn't have good output. You may can get the led h10 bulb and be happy. I just got tired of waiting of there customer service to email me back plus
It was a learning curve for me as well....
I just took it out on them. I loved the h13 bulbs just had issues trying to figure them out...

xbxjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The opt7 cree fog bulb doesn't have good output. You may can get the led h10 bulb and be happy. I just got tired of waiting of there customer service to email me back plus
It was a learning curve for me as well....
I just took it out on them. I loved the h13 bulbs just had issues trying to figure them out...

i'm going to run the 9005 fluxbeams in my foglights, even though my truck calls for h10 there. opt7 doesn't have h10s yet, but they did verify that the 9005 kit will fit in place of the h10s

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
The fluxbeams have great output but the canbus system played havoc on the headlight bulbs.... But this hid kit cost me 40$ so I can't complain

xbxjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The fluxbeams have great output but the canbus system played havoc on the headlight bulbs.... But this hid kit cost me 40$ so I can't complain

really?? no canbus issues here. i used the included harness adaptors and it all plug n play. no flickers, no blackspots, just great output

OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
really?? no canbus issues here. i used the included harness adaptors and it all plug n play. no flickers, no blackspots, just great output

I had to remove the set screw and rotate the bulbs for a much better output. I added the capacitors to stop the flickering on low beam but I had a buzzing
While using the high beams that was coming from the capacitors. They sent a relay harness, I didn't install it. Had I checked the high beams when I put the capacitors in I may have but that was my fault. I think only a small few
Of us were using the h13, most everyone else had the quads and had very few issues. I like the product they have, very well priced but buying these at Christmas time I'm sure there customer service was swamped. I just got impatient I reckon.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i'm going to run the 9005 fluxbeams in my foglights, even though my truck calls for h10 there. opt7 doesn't have h10s yet, but they did verify that the 9005 kit will fit in place of the h10s

When you get the 9005's let me know if they worked. The h10 Cree lights they have are not so good...lol. love the hesdlights