Just replaced both front calipers and brakes seem off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlHart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brake hoses can look perfect but you can't see what is happening on the inside. Jacking it up & having someone depress the pedal & release it while rotating the wheel should help find the bad side. For what hoses cost it's cheep insurance to replace both hoses.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a grand am that would nose dive the passenger side on hard braking and cause the rear to want to lift to the passenger side. Checked every bit of suspension everything. Finally, I was doing a brake job and noticed a very slight issue with the flex brake line. Replaced and no more nose dive and rear kick, perfectly straight braking. I also have had a couple of run ins over the years with flex lines deteriorating and acting as a oneway valve.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another thought on the rubber hoses, when you took off the old calipers did you clamp the hoses or just let them drip?
When I did mine, I had a set of hose clamps but decided against using them. I've read that can crush the interior of the hose.
Just a thought.

Octane

Reaction score
If one brake hose is bad,replace both anyway.If not, the old hose will expand greater than the other and you'll have pull,if not a slow release.

OP
OP
C

Concort

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK all it was in fact the front brake hoses. Where they clamp to the frame has caused a bit of a crimp (dodge design-flaw) and its not allowing the fluid to creep back into the lines quick enough. Thanks all for your replies!

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i replaced BOTH calipers from ones I picked up from autozone. How would I know which one is the bad one. Maaan I dont want to have to replace both. You really think that can be the issue? The hoses are all perfect. Literally nothing wrong with them.
you cant see inside of them. They deteriorate and peel apart and act as a check valve and you can't see it because the hose material isnt transparent.
Hoses are relatively cheap. Replace them. "from autozone" scares me. dont skimp on anything having to do with brakes.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK all it was in fact the front brake hoses. Where they clamp to the frame has caused a bit of a crimp (dodge design-flaw) and its not allowing the fluid to creep back into the lines quick enough. Thanks all for your replies!
not only Dodge. Hose makers have been doing this for years on all brands of cars and trucks. I see it ALOT on Fords and Chevys at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990