Key Fob and Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astroshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Flexfuel
So I tend to have issues with my key fob being able to start stop or even lock unlock my truck whenever the dashcam is running. I don't have issues with distance if the dashcam is off, but I have issues when I leave it on when the truck is off. I would like to note that the dashcam is a dual camera so I have one at the rear window and one on the windshield. Has anyone experienced this before or any luck fixing it if you did? I have a 2018 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab.

OP
OP
A

astroshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Flexfuel
Also would like to note that I have the dashcam plugged into the 12V outlet that is powered by the battery.

OP
OP
A

astroshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Flexfuel
So after some trial and error I figured out that it was my rear dash cam that was the problem. I guess the cable going to the rear dashcam was causing some interference. Originally I routed the cable through the passenger side pillar so I rerouted the cable through the driver side pillar and now there is no interference with my key fob.