Key fob settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I'm sure the simple answer is get an alpha obdll or go see your dealer but here goes. I want to change 2 settings in my u connect that both pertain to the fob.
1: i want to disable auto door locks when i remote start with fob.
Yes I know that I can remote start then immediately hit the unlock button but that's normally the same time I'm locking the house door and my wife is trying to get into the truck and ripping the door handle off or her finger nails.
2: I want to disable the warning alarm inside truck that notifies ( the passenger) others inside the vehicle that the fob has left the vehicle. This is very annoying for my wife when I get out to go in somewhere or do something and she is in the truck with it running and its warning sounds at her that the fob has left the vehicle. There just isn't any point to this warning alarm
Yes I know i can take the fob out of my pocket and leave in the truck but I've lost fobs by doing this and as you know they can get pricey.
The u connect setting has a key fob settings on or off wich basically just enables the truck to differentiate between different user fob settings for mirrors seat climate and other personal settings but no selection for disabling #1 $ #2 above.
Ive also read my online Manuel and all it says is to go to the dealer to have fob programmed, so more than likely alpha obdll.
So any ideas, Am I missing something simple or am i right with my first statement of get an alpha or go to dealership?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've recently been playing with Alpha OBDII and FCADiag. So let me first say by no means am I 100% versed in either. So I could be wrong! LOL

First lets try and explain what the programs do.
  • Turn on and off accessories on the vehicle. Example - Adding the bed LED lights. You can activate the lights to function and activate the pathways that control how the light comes on and off.
  • Turn on certain upgrades to existing accessories. Example - Power fold feature for the mirrors. You have to basically add the additional parts to the mirror or exchange for a power fold mirrors then you use the software to activate this function to work.
  • Change an accessories model. Example - Changing the gauges and radio to think its now a Laramie rather than a 1500.

What you are requesting is more of a internal function programing adjustment. Not how the module interacts with the vehicle based on the options of the vehicle or based on the country specific build of the vehicle.

Example. Adjusting the fuel curve of the ECU for more power.

This is not a function that these programs do as far as I can tell.

Most likely you will have to visit the dealer, and even then it may not be something they can or would be willing to do because of government rules that are supposed to protect us from our stupidity such as seat belts.

I apologize if that sounds like I was scolding you. Not my intent.

Luckily my neighbor has Wytech access, I will ask him later today if his system can do these types of changes to the Security Modules.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billet Bee

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Not at all scolding. I've got a loaded out Laramie 3500 and have really never felt the need for alpha so I'm glad I don't need to get one. I guess my best bet is the dealership but your right in the fact that it will probably turn out the same way as when I asked them to turn off the 8 second cutoff on my camera, yea that wasnt happening per there liabilities. I hate that, I'd leave it on all the time if I could.
That's kind of been my biggest thing on these trucks, the tech is great but there thought process behind some of there functions is just plain dumb. what sense does it make for the interior to chime to the passenger when the driver gets out and walks away with the fob when its running. Or the fact that in your uconnect you can set your remote start function to not honk but it won't give you the option to not lock.
If alpha was a more all around programming tool that i could access all technology I would definitely get one, and then I would probably screw up my truck hahaha