Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountainlion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l I6
Today my Key fob was locked in to the truck (3500 6.7 2022).

Turned off the engine and went out to unload. When I closed the door I hear the click and all doors are locked.

Key fob was lying on the console.

i thought it was impossible to lock in the key FOB?

Luckily I was not to far from home. 40 minutes later my neighbor came with the spare fob.

Started the truck and everything was running as normal. Both fobs worked as normal.
Could not recreate the problem. Locked the doors with the inside switch. When I closed the door I got 3 beeps as a warning that fob was inside.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
i thought it was impossible to lock in the key FOB?
You thought right. The only thing I can think of, and this has happened to me a couple of times over the years, I'll get a DIC message that the keyfob isn't detected. I don't know why this happens but it doesn't seem to be a model year-specific issue since it has happened in my 2013, 2015, and 2022 trucks all equipped with passive entry FOBs and keyless ignition.

Last edited:

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Two weeks ago I got a message saying ( the key fob has left the vehicle ). When I started the truck the message went away , never seen it again.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I have gotten the "key fob not detected" message before, and when it starts happening every now and then, I know it is time to replace the battery in my fob. That fixes that problem.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I feel like I'm physically connected to the stupid thing. I always have it in my pocket. Can't wait for the implantable fob. :jester:

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Last time I got the key fob not detected message was when I left it in the house. It was right!!

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I feel like I'm physically connected to the stupid thing. I always have it in my pocket. Can't wait for the implantable fob. :jester:
I'm just tired of carrying a golf ball around in my pocket, along with the door key, tonneau key, house key, the tool box key, and hitch lock key attached to it.

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I'm just tired of carrying a golf ball around in my pocket, along with the door key, tonneau key, house key, the tool box key, and hitch lock key attached to it.
Bolt lock product line for reducing some of those you mention for the truck.

Keypad deadbolt for the house.

You'll be several keys less then.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
NOt sure about other car makers, but Audi has advanced beyond the fob for 2024 models. You can now use your phone instead of a fob apparently. Too bad my Audi is a '23 :emotions122: Hopefully Ram will follow suit before we buy our next truck.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Electronic locks for the house, all doors except the slider. Remote Control for the locks and alarm from the phone.
NOt sure about other car makers, but Audi has advanced beyond the fob for 2024 models. You can now use your phone instead of a fob apparently. Too bad my Audi is a '23 :emotions122: Hopefully Ram will follow suit before we buy our next truck.
And here I am, wanting everything back to analog. Every time they "modernize" something they make it more complicated and less secure. My truck door locks are manual; when I push the button down upon exiting I am positive they are locked. Every single time I get out of my truck and push the fob button to lock my electronic-only tailgate I have to walk around the back and make sure it locked - because half the time it doesn't. How is that saving me anything?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep. 2025 Ram 1500’s now have phone as key feature. It’s about time already.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And here I am, wanting everything back to analog. Every time they "modernize" something they make it more complicated and less secure. My truck door locks are manual; when I push the button down upon exiting I am positive they are locked. Every single time I get out of my truck and push the fob button to lock my electronic-only tailgate I have to walk around the back and make sure it locked - because half the time it doesn't. How is that saving me anything?
You're just against progress. :D We used to call guys like you old farts. Now I'm an old guy calling another old guy an old fart. :cheers: