Keyless Remote Entry with Night Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a 1500 Night Edition, but there's no keyless entry. I didn't see anything in the control options, but wondering if I am missing something or they removed it with the night edition???? Thanks

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You need to provide more information about your truck. What year and trim level did you buy? It's my understanding that all trim levels of the 5th gen Ram 1500 now have keyless entry included, even the Tradesman.

OP
OP
D

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to provide more information about your truck. What year and trim level did you buy? It's my understanding that all trim levels of the 5th gen Ram 1500 now have keyless entry included, even the Tradesman.
2020 Big Horn 1500 with Night Edition. (equip 2) It's my understanding they all do too and my sticker shows it, but the door handles don't have the keyless lock / unlock on them. I checked the controls in the radio and nothing there to turn them on / off.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Big Horn 1500 with Night Edition. (equip 2) It's my understanding they all do too and my sticker shows it, but the door handles don't have the keyless lock / unlock on them. I checked the controls in the radio and nothing there to turn them on / off.

Are we talking proximity key, or they literally just gave you a physical key with no key fob? At the very least you should have gotten a key fob for the remote unlock, not sure if the proximity setup is standard yet, but surely seems like a keyfob would be standard now.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
My 19 Lone Star (Bighorn) didn’t come with the proximity locks. Still have to press the FOB button to lock/unlock. Pretty sure it’s the Laramie trim level and up before you get the proximity locks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got a 1500 Night Edition, but there's no keyless entry. I didn't see anything in the control options, but wondering if I am missing something or they removed it with the night edition???? Thanks
You’re talking about the remote proximity handles, which is called keyless enter and go. What you have is remote keyless entry, which is where you have a fob that has lock/unlock buttons on it to remotely lock/unlock your doors.

OP
OP
D

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’re talking about the remote proximity handles, which is called keyless enter and go. What you have is remote keyless entry, which is where you have a fob that has lock/unlock buttons on it to remotely lock/unlock your doors.
Thanks, I think the dealer is even confused on this one. Appreciate everyone's feedback

Slayer1962

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Don't feel bad I bought a bighorn and was trying to find it too. I do not have it 2020 ram 1500 bighorn

Ramman2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are talking about proximity key. Where you just press the little button to lock and you grab the door handle to unlock.That feature is not available on the big horn. My brother has a 19 bighorn night edition and misses that feature after moving from an 18’ Durango RT. Here in Canada the first one in the lineup to get it is s the sport which is one step above bighorn. I’ve got a 2020 rebel in the works right now to replace my 17’ copperhead sport and the rebel I have had them build out has it. Level 2 group has it on both the sport and rebel in Canada.