Kicker Sub install (LC2i line out converter)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZR.Magner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,

2014 Ram with 8.1 uconnect here.

upgraded the speakers to the kicker 6 speaker setup. after the upgrade i noticed all i can hear is the front tweeters and really no base.

i purchased recommended from best buy audio.
1x kicker 12" comp R
1x Kicker CX 300W amp
1x LCI2 line out converter
amp/sub wire setup from amazon.
71LaMFcZzeL._SL1491_.jpg 81gE5DgfIJL._SL1500_.jpg 4781606_rd.jpg 4968900_sd.jpg 61i92inG+5L._SL1500_.jpg

was told this is a great setup to have a good amount of bass.

my questions.

1. Where and what wires to i hook into the line out converter? i was going to use the drivers side rear speaker wires. (do i need power going to the Line out converter? can i pull from the amp power wire?)
2. What wire is positive and what wire is negative for the rear drivers side speaker.
3. anything else i may run into?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. I believe you want a stereo connection going into the LC2i. Pick the signal with the most bass currently -- which I believe is the rear door speakers (Left & Right).
Yes, you can use the amp power to power your LCI2 as well. Make sure to fuse it separately (you can run a smaller power wire from your amp +12V directly to your LC2i -- with an in-line fuse). Ground them in the same spot.

2. unsure? There's color diagrams around here, or the other place...

3. Is that sub & box going to fit w/o raising your seats? I think that's a pretty deep sub.

OP
OP
Z

ZR.Magner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1. I believe you want a stereo connection going into the LC2i. Pick the signal with the most bass currently -- which I believe is the rear door speakers (Left & Right).
Yes, you can use the amp power to power your LCI2 as well. Make sure to fuse it separately (you can run a smaller power wire from your amp +12V directly to your LC2i -- with an in-line fuse). Ground them in the same spot.

2. unsure? There's color diagrams around here, or the other place...

3. Is that sub & box going to fit w/o raising your seats? I think that's a pretty deep sub.
thanks for the response. the Sub box will fit with a guard i ordered. some sites say i wont need it but to be safe i ordered one. for how long the bolts are that go in that spot i could probably lift the seats and not need it lol.

anyone have the color diagram for the 2014? :) if not ill remove the speaker and see. just need to know whats positive and whats negative :)

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have that same box and I had to lift my rear seats. My pioneer 12” shallow sub also didn’t fit the box. I had to add 3/4” MDF to the top and shave the inside so the speaker would fit. The shallow sub isn’t a true 12” tho after I got it, more like a 13” hole but it’s short and wide under. I had to use 3/4” spacers under the seats to clear the sub from the bottom and I also couldn’t use my 12” speaker guards.

Good luck with the install, the box otherwise fit and bring unported with 300wrms on the 12” shallow it increased bass a bit.

OP
OP
Z

ZR.Magner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have that same box and I had to lift my rear seats. My pioneer 12” shallow sub also didn’t fit the box. I had to add 3/4” MDF to the top and shave the inside so the speaker would fit. The shallow sub isn’t a true 12” tho after I got it, more like a 13” hole but it’s short and wide under. I had to use 3/4” spacers under the seats to clear the sub from the bottom and I also couldn’t use my 12” speaker guards.

Good luck with the install, the box otherwise fit and bring unported with 300wrms on the 12” shallow it increased bass a bit.

ugh. thats weird the reviews all say they fit. guess ill order a spacer.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
ugh. thats weird the reviews all say they fit. guess ill order a spacer.
It def won’t fit with the fold flat floors. It might have fit with out them but I remember the sub being right up against the underside of the seat so there was no chance of a sub grille. Mine was spaced 3/4” higher as I was running a pioneer shallow sub so it was like 12.5” wide hole and wouldn’t clear the bucket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davesgarage24