Krowning the new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrGrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey folks, looking at getting Krown rust proofing done on the truck but I’m also a little ocd on detailing and keeping a shine on the truck - Anyone have photos or experience dealing with the aftermath? I’ve scoured YouTube and seen a bunch of application videos, but would welcome some real world opinions.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well, I had mine Fluid Filmed, which is basically the same process. It's all underneath, worst was a little smoke from where some got on the exhaust.

If you live/travel anywhere they use salt on the roads it's more than worth the cost.

-K

KevinInVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I just got done spraying mine with Corrosion Free this afternoon. You may get some overspray on the paint from initial application but just wash like you normally would. Don't pressure wash the undercarriage as you don't want to wash away your coating. As far as keeping it clean it should not effect anything. I know with old oil undercoating it would run for a long time and then attract dirt onto the paint. I don't think alot of these newer product will run like that. I know Corrosion Free specifically says it is a drip free product, can't speak for any other products.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Krown will power spray it off the paint after they are done the application. I would not wash your truck before you go get it done as they will just quickly spray it off and give it back to you. I would also ask them to not spray the underside of the hood and tell them not to spray anything directly inside the engine compartment. I didn't know what to expect the first time I took our Jeep Wrangler in and they did the hood and randomly sprayed all over the engine compartment and it dripped all down the front fenders for ages and made a huge mess. I have never had any rust form inside the engine compartment and I just spray around the inside edges of the hood myself now. This stuff will drip for a week after your first application so don't park in the driveway or the garage. The second application and every one after that will drip a lot less.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat