La 318 to 360 magnum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 and 1984
Engine
5.7 and a slant six
5C6BD1E7-7E30-4C1A-A313-9592D45B6C8C.jpeg my 318 started to leak from the front and rear main seals so instead of fixing it I’m going to swap to a 5.9 magnum. I have looked into this swap and want to avoid as much computer junk as I can so I’m going with a carburetor and a la distributor. My question is will I need the crank position sensor if I go carburetor.i know about the balancing between the two engines What other things do I need to look out for Also want to know what overdrive auto trans will fit and bolt in to replace the 3 speed that’s in the truck now

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
trans is a 46RH..
No need for the crank sensor if going carb.
I do not know how well the factory cam works with a carb though, it is a roller which is nice but designed for fuel injection - still may work well, I just don't know anyone who has run it.

The oem heads tend to crack and are not expensive to replace depending on the head you choose. The aftermarket heads are superior as far as cracking and exhaust valve seat and are available in steel - large and small port, aluminum - many variations.

I think the accessories may be different.

Try w w w . magnumswap.com/