Lack of dealer stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
What's U B doin down in the hood? ..LOL
There were more Jeeps in the lot off 8 Mile and Mound the other day. Usually there are several hundred new Ram Trucks awaiting to be shipped in that lot. The Mopar Custom Shop at 16 Mile/Van **** has been crazy busy!
Driving by while working. If I'm east of 275 its because some one is paying me to be! I don't go to the D for any other reason.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Everyone here has pretty much covered it, inventory is just really low because parts are not available to build the trucks in the first place. it's also a really bad time to buy a travel trailer as units have been flying off the lot and prices are pretty stagnant in terms of getting discounts off of anything. I know a couple people who travel full-time in their campers and they are going to their winter spots early. They can't get reservations anywhere right now for the period of time they want to stay. And my cousin just bought a new fifth wheel just before this all hit but actually delayed taking ownership of it and the dealer has called him a couple times to see if he wanted to sell it back for more than he bought it for because the dealer could turn around and sell it even more. As another poster here said there's going to be a glut of low use trailers available in a year or two when people start going back to their regular lives and find out that camping isn't all that they thought it would be. Perhaps there will be some better deals on travel trailers in the November time frame as well. There is another thread on here where people were talking about the values of their used trucks having gone sky high, last time I checked my truck was worth a bit more than I paid for it last year. Good luck

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Low dealer stock seems to be a major issue all around for quite a while IMHO. I got tired of trying to find my truck, so I special ordered it. The dealership seemed to show that this happens a lot any more. We just bought a new SUV for my wife, and that had to be shipped a very long way from another dealer to get the setup she wanted. Almost wish dealers would go the way Telsa does, in that all cars are ordered, so you don't have to waste time, though they could use some help on product speed. Still please with my truck taking only 6 weeks to deliver.