laramie dash speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncobill1204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
the dash speakers in my 2011 laramie sound like they might be blown when i listen to some music and with other music they sound fine. are there any bolt in up graded aftermarket speakers that will fit right in and if so which ones are the best? thanks

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They're 3.5" speakers. I haven't replaced mine, but Kicker seems to be a pretty popular brand on the forums for those.

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just replaced my dash speakers, and it was very straight forward. I went with the Infinity 3002 ones. They were a little more than the Kicker, which gets very good reviews here, but I've always had good luck with Infinity, so figured I'd give them a shot.

It did make a nice difference in the highs. Crisped the whole sound right up. I have the Alpine system in the regular cab R/T, and even with that system, the stock speakers were still paper cones.

If you do it, the easiest thing would be to go through Crutchfield, where they give you adapters to the factory wiring harness. Just plug and play then. The grills in your truck will lift right up easily if you get your finger nail under them and pry. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Recontango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I just replaced my dash speakers, and it was very straight forward. I went with the Infinity 3002 ones. They were a little more than the Kicker, which gets very good reviews here, but I've always had good luck with Infinity, so figured I'd give them a shot.

It did make a nice difference in the highs. Crisped the whole sound right up. I have the Alpine system in the regular cab R/T, and even with that system, the stock speakers were still paper cones.

If you do it, the easiest thing would be to go through Crutchfield, where they give you adapters to the factory wiring harness. Just plug and play then. The grills in your truck will lift right up easily if you get your finger nail under them and pry. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Have you done anything else to the alpine system yet? I am trying to figure out how I want to improve mine. I think it sounds pretty good for a clarity perspective, but would like more overall volume. Your truck being a regular cab, does it have 9 speakers? Are there speakers in the headliner like in the CC?

Thanks

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I've done is the dash speakers. From what I understand, the Alpine system speakers are 2ohm. The Infinity are 3ohm, which supposedly brings the volume down a bit, but I didn't notice any volume difference at all. In fact, I usually turn the treble all the way up in the EQ and actually had to back it off a few notches with the new speakers.

I'm very tempted to do the front door speakers, but I'm leery of removing the panels and scratching something or causing rattles. The regular cab has 7 speakers. no headliner ones. And I agree, the Alpine system sounds pretty good overall. I don't even have a subwoofer in regular cab, but the bass is pretty good as is. A little more punch on the bass drum would be nice though. :)

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced mine with 3.5 polk dbs.

They reapply made a nice difference. It's a $60 mod I'd recommend!!

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dash speakers are very easy to replace. I've replaced all of mine. The outside OE speakers measured 2.5 ohms. The center measured 3.5. Odd. I replaced with all 4 ohms. I was hoping this would calm the sound coming from the dash. It is much clearer/crisp. However, the dash speakers are way too loud compared to the mids in the door (I've replaced the mids also). My next plan is to eliminate the corner dash speakers, and install a set of components in the front doors. I will power them with an aftermarket amp. I plan to mount the tweeters in the sail panel. I tested them in the dash, and it was horrible. This is a Spring/summer project.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm very tempted to do the front door speakers, but I'm leery of removing the panels and scratching something or causing rattles.

I've had my door panels off a couple of times, once to replace the speakers, then later to run new speaker wire, then once more to contemplate some custom mounts. I haven't had any issues with rattling.

Taneq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
the dash speakers in my 2011 laramie sound like they might be blown when i listen to some music and with other music they sound fine. car dvd players are there any bolt in up graded aftermarket speakers that will fit right in and if so which ones are the best? thanks

hello you need to try sites like ebay to find best speakers at very affordable rates. I got one recently

Last edited: