Leaving fuse 51 out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportsman70003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a parasitic battery drain on fuse 51 cluster/radio. I've installed 2 brand new batteries and over a few days both went dead. I have a 80ma draw from fuse 51. For the last week I have been taking it out when getting home to keep it from drawing the battery down. The last couple days I have just left it out. Only things I can tell that don't work with the fuse out is the radio and I can't check the c-codes on the cluster. Thinking of leaving it out and installing a aftermarket radio which I was about to do anyway. I will just use a different source for the memory wire and 12v for the radio. Anyone else done this or anyone see a problem with this?

OP
OP
sportsman70003

sportsman70003

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to post my fix for the parasitic draw. Most of the time on these forums you never see someones solution so maybe this will help someone. My 80ma draw was coming from my key switch. Apparently I was turning it back to accessory and pulling the key out. For some reason my radio would turn off but still draw power from the battery. Hope this helps someone.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im surprised it let you pull the key out while in accessories. More surprised the truck doesnt have a fail safe to kill it before its dead.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye