LED bed lighting... anyone have it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone have the LED bed lighting package on their truck? Do you like it? Does it work good? It sounds good and it's only a $165 option. Looking to see what others think about it. Thanks.

Red

zrojas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Does anyone have the LED bed lighting package on their truck? Do you like it? Does it work good? It sounds good and it's only a $165 option. Looking to see what others think about it. Thanks.

Red
The bed lighting is awesome, I got it with the bed utility group. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did add it to my build sheet. Now I just need to get this truck ordered!

Red

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Had it on my “17” and absolutely would not be without it again. But then I have a tonneau so it’s a must for me. I bought my 19 Lone Star off the lot. The bed utility group was one of the options it didn’t have that I wanted so I negotiated to have the dealer add the bed lights and spray in liner. Thinking about ordering the rails and bed divider now.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thinking about ordering the rails and bed divider now.

You must have the Ram Box, as the divider is only available with that option.

I have the bed lighting as part of the BUG and it works good, although I think it would be better if there were more lights rather than just the two in the back. Yes, they face forward, but when you've got stuff in there it does tend to block them.

Also, seems weird they don't convert the "cargo lamp" (third brake light housing) to LED as well.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like it but you have to walk to the cab to turn them on for a long period of time

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
The button in the back doesn't keep them on?

No, they’re on a timer. Which is fine by me. I’m the guy who would forget to turn them off and kill my battery. The timer can be adjusted though.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cant survive without bed lighting at "oh dark thirty"!!
Mine is a 17 but need light So much that I added under rail lights

20180203_215732.jpg

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No, they’re on a timer. Which is fine by me. I’m the guy who would forget to turn them off and kill my battery. The timer can be adjusted though.

Pretty sure the RAM, as well as just about every other modern vehicle, will cut power to any/everything if the battery voltage drops below a certain level.

How do you adjust the timer? I didn't see anything about that in the manual, and haven't seen it in any of the option/setting screens.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Pretty sure the RAM, as well as just about every other modern vehicle, will cut power to any/everything if the battery voltage drops below a certain level.

How do you adjust the timer? I didn't see anything about that in the manual, and haven't seen it in any of the option/setting screens.
I’ll stand corrected. The timing cannot be adjusted.

dodgeramfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love mine ! Works well with the led stop /utility light. Can’t imagine not having them now that I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
do you guys know how much dealer would charged to install the bed LED kit (factory led kit) ? trying to decide if I'm going to get it. I'm going to have a cap on mine (sadly but its needed) and the cap will have 2 long LED strip on the top.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
do you guys know how much dealer would charged to install the bed LED kit (factory led kit) ? trying to decide if I'm going to get it. I'm going to have a cap on mine (sadly but its needed) and the cap will have 2 long LED strip on the top.
Had the dealer add it on mine when I bought it so what they charged me might not be a true barometer. They wrote up as a $320.00 add on. I know you can buy the OEM kit from Mopar Parts online for $110.00. They told me it requires a 2 hour shop labor charge so that will vary from dealer to dealer.

I had them added b/c I always have a tonneau on my trucks, so to me they are a must have option.