LED bed lighting... anyone have it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
my window sticker states led bed lights were a $100 canadian peseo add on, so to have them added by dealer afterwards would be well north of that price.

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you added your own bed lighting, where did you tap into for power?

I didn’t want to tap into my brand new trucks wiring so I ran back to the battery. $25 kit from Amazon plus spare wire and connectors I had laying around in my garage. 5’ LED strips are in the clamps that hold the tonneau cover rails. Switch on the upper left by the lever to open the tonneau.
54297ed2ac444eb4819a76f7041a7da7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I didn’t want to tap into my brand new trucks wiring so I ran back to the battery.
Instead of running a wire back from the battery, tap the +12V from the trailer 7 pin wiring. That's fused for 30 amps under the hood, add a lower amp fuse for the lights. If you don't want to tap the truck wires, buy one of these an tap into it:
CURT 56584 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/
This will also give you a 4/5 pin flat to run a tailgate LED light bar if that's in you list of mods.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just called dealer to see how much for 2020 led bed light kit and how much to install. $180 for the kit and roughly $450 to install....yeahh no thanks!

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Just called dealer to see how much for 2020 led bed light kit and how much to install. $180 for the kit and roughly $450 to install....yeahh no thanks!
https://www.moparpartsonsale.com/oem-parts/mopar-bed-light-kit-integrated-on-off-switch-82215795ab

If you’re a do it yourself’er, this is the complete kit including factory wiring harnesses and instructions. $450.00 to install tells me they just don’t want to do it. Dealer installed mine. Mechanic said it took him two hours. I considered doing it myself but negotiated having the dealer do it in the the purchase agreement.

xemrac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
https://www.moparpartsonsale.com/oem-parts/mopar-bed-light-kit-integrated-on-off-switch-82215795ab

If you’re a do it yourself’er, this is the complete kit including factory wiring harnesses and instructions. $450.00 to install tells me they just don’t want to do it. Dealer installed mine. Mechanic said it took him two hours. I considered doing it myself but negotiated having the dealer do it in the the purchase agreement.

Looks like the kit above is no longer being sold. I am researching a DIY add-on and have found the following, listed separately on Moparparts:

Bed Lamp Switch - Mopar (68367545AA)

Truck Bed Lamp, Right - Mopar (5182672AA)

Truck Bed Lamp, Left - Mopar (5182673AA)

I still haven't found the wiring harness and/or power connections; any help there would be appreciated!!

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Looks like the kit above is no longer being sold. I am researching a DIY add-on and have found the following, listed separately on Moparparts:

Bed Lamp Switch - Mopar (68367545AA)

Truck Bed Lamp, Right - Mopar (5182672AA)

Truck Bed Lamp, Left - Mopar (5182673AA)

I still haven't found the wiring harness and/or power connections; any help there would be appreciated!!
It says it’s on order hold until June 1/2020. This isn’t the only part/kit that is on hold until then. I’m not an industry insider so I don’t have an answer as to why but it seems like it’s the harness that’s holding this particular kit up. Production or shipping issues are the likely culprits.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Factory lights are about 1 lumen brighter than a key chain light, I added my own straight to battery HI intensity lights, Much cheaper and better than factory and you don't have to have a dealer enable anything. I think I spent 40.00 bucks total

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Can you supply part numbers or link? Thanks.

Factory lights are about 1 lumen brighter than a key chain light, I added my own straight to battery HI intensity lights, Much cheaper and better than factory and you don't have to have a dealer enable anything. I think I spent 40.00 bucks total

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I am going to add the lights to my 2015 since it has the cut outs in the bed but in the meantime I have been using these and honestly they work great. Very brights and since they are magnetic I have them attached on the inside of the truck bed. More versatile than fixed lights really.

Bed lights.jpg