LED light bar - Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pictures look great, but mine has the tow hooks installed. I have not measured between them to see if a 42" will fit without removing them. Has anyone with the hooks installed a light bar and if so do you have pictures of it?

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pictures look great, but mine has the tow hooks installed. I have not measured between them to see if a 42" will fit without removing them. Has anyone with the hooks installed a light bar and if so do you have pictures of it?

Read the third post. JB1 has the perfect setup imo
His turned out pretty damn good I think
5259dbcef3141230c6cb8ab925e65dbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s exactly what I am looking for! What brand is it and where did you purchase it? What size is that one??

Look up user JB1. This was his setup not mine. I can't take credit for this one. Read and go to link provided in post three of this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I have the Rough country 30" curved black series. I like the black series so it doesn't look like "smiling teeth", the black helps it blend into that opening and the single row works great with peeking under the license plate. Rough country has 40" curved dual and other various sizes

https://www.roughcountry.com/30-inch-curved-led-light-bar-72730bl.html

lights-30in-curved-led-light-bar_72730bl--base.jpg

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
B34E302C-0CE9-40A0-9678-47ED3C3627F7.jpeg 2F2760D9-CA21-41BD-908F-F63F4BAB3CF9.png Well it looks like I’m going to do it differently to install a light bar. My chrome bumper’s slot is split by the license plate holder. May look into adding LED to the fogs and rewire to turn on with a switch or mount these smaller LED bars on either side of the license plate holder.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks! But neither, just bils set at 2.8”!

Factory springs as well? Are you running 35s on your current setup? I have been looking at lifts, but if you are simply running Bils at 2.8 that might be high enough. I wonder how much that raises you up. Did you have to get anything else to keep the rake level?

Sorry for the questions. Thanks!

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I myself never really understood the light bars, unless you are a towing company or friggen fire fighter, or back country in a Jeep or something like that with a smaller wheel base yeah it makes sense, but just to have on your truck is juat plain goofy to me, call me old school, it's kinda like the guys with the "stacks". Just my opinion.

It's so they can drive down the road at night blinding the frick out of anyone approaching them. Absolutely -NO- reason to run lightbars on the road but some people do it anyway. I really miss the days when law enforcement officers would enforce the laws regarding lights on the front of a vehicle...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's so they can drive down the road at night blinding the frick out of anyone approaching them. Absolutely -NO- reason to run lightbars on the road but some people do it anyway. I really miss the days when law enforcement officers would enforce the laws regarding lights on the front of a vehicle...

I can’t speak for everyone but I never use mine on public roads, I use mine daily inside my company property. I get to work at 5am, 6 days a week so it’s dark on the dimly lit company road. My building is way in the back surrounded by wooded areas, 2 miles from the public road and there’s all sorts of wild animals. I have run over and killed several cats, opossums, Racoons, rabbits and almost a skunk and I got tired of it. Now that I have my lightbar I use it every single day and haven’t killed anything. They either see the light and stay put or run away before I get close. I’m sure most here have a good reason too so don’t judge us because of a few jerks in your neighborhood.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not just his neighborhood, I regularly travel in 7 states and idiots with light bars are a constant problem on the interstate.

Still not right to lump everyone in the same category