LED lightbulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBPearce

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok...first post...so here goes. I installed LED light bulbs in my 2003 Dodge Ram today...didn't have any trouble getting the lights out or back in....got in my truck to test them out after dark...I turned the lights on..only problem is that when I hit the brights the dims come on and when I hit the dims the brights come on. I was thinking that maybe I plugged them in backwards...but there is only one way to plug the lights in. Any ideas why this is happening?

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did they plug straight into the bulbs? Or did you use an adapter harness? Wiring on the plug could be switched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhioGuy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loosen the screw and rotate the bulb. The single light should be on top and two lights on bottom

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sentry_Eli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue, did you post them up with the leds facing towards the side of the housing? or towards the top and bottom? I have mine facing the sides, which is why they have the same issue, im going to try to change the direction soon when I find the time, but it's most likely the direction the leds are facing.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok...first post...so here goes. I installed LED light bulbs in my 2003 Dodge Ram today...didn't have any trouble getting the lights out or back in....got in my truck to test them out after dark...I turned the lights on..only problem is that when I hit the brights the dims come on and when I hit the dims the brights come on. I was thinking that maybe I plugged them in backwards...but there is only one way to plug the lights in. Any ideas why this is happening?
FWIW putting LED bulbs in a headlight housing that wasn't designed for LED will just scatter the light and won't be very effective, maybe even blinding on coming traffic.
You can't just stick LED bulbs in any ol housing, you have to replace the housing too.

OhioGuy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I disagree. That is for HID bulbs. Led will work right if placed correctly. The smaller 2 led(low beam) needs to be facing down and the single large led(bright) needs to be facing directly to the top. Use the adjustment screw.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk