LED Tail Lights Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Currently I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel Crew Cab Shortbed, with LED Tail Lights w/Retroshop adapters. My goal is to get rid of the adapter harness. For my projector headlights I bought the front module/harness for a truck that had projectors so I didn't need any adapters.

I'm looking for the same deal in the back. I know the harness goes from frame rail to frame rail, then up the driver side rail and connects just behind the drivers rear fender liner. I for the life of me cannot find the part on any of the online diagrams.

Could you possibly help me out? I found a VIN online with a harness that would work if that helps.... Its 3C6UR5PL0GG355364

Id really like to see the differences between my harness and the LED Tail harness if anyone reading this has the schematics...

TIA,

Jim

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Jim I think your going to need wiring all the way back to the BCM for this and also have to get the BCM flashed for this configuration. The base lamps use 3 wires and the premium use 4 . See images

R7fWay.png

cSpHyB.png

-Benny

OP
OP
W

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply! From what I can tell, the harness crosses the frame rails in the rear twice, then heads up the drivers rail to its end connection behind the front wheel.

Are you able to see a part number for that harness?

I'd love to have access to all that stuff, do you know if the service manual disc has all wiring schematics and diesel on it? Cheapest I've found online for the disc is 135, that sound right to you?

Thanks a bunch for your help.

OP
OP
W

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The first one is what it plugs into. The second picture is the one I'm looking for! Thanks

Whats your price on it?

Also, are they crew cab / mega / reg / cab specific?

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Your welcome.

The harness can be purchased here https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-chassis-68268532ad

Yes they are specific to chassis configurations and this on in particular is only used on a 2016 2500 Mega Cab so I do not recommend it. You would need to find your exact equivalent with LED lighting for the best match otherwise you can expect some customization will need to be performed.

-Benny

OP
OP
W

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, now that I'm having issues with my retro shop harness, I'm looking to switch out this harness. I think I found a VIN with all of the options I have/need.

3C6UR5FL1GG350983

My truck is a 2016 2500 CC SB 4x4 Cummins with back up cam, back up sensors, and 5th wheel.

Thanks for your help, Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Please refresh my memory, Were looking for a rear chassis harness?

-Benny

OP
OP
W

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes sir. Harness goes from tail lights up drivers side frame rail and connects to another harness just behind the drivers front wheel.

Thank you!

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Im sorry but even with a VIN there is a choice of 2 harness's . Our dealer data does not tell us the difference between them. Is there possibly another VIN we can check?