LED turn signal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this has probably been beat to death, but here goes, installed the Sylvania nevo amber LED turn signal lamps in my 04. after install they stay on and flash ten bazillion miles per hour. Before i go installing resistors is there a plug in relay that will cure the issue? I remeber back in the day when we hooked up the boat trailer our lights would flash super quick and we would put a heavy duty relay in the fuse box and problem solved.

Thanks

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You need CANBUS-safe LEDs, not relays or cheap resistors that wind up melting.
Syneticusa makes good ones, there's lots of choices on Amazon.

OP
OP
Ole Buck

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need CANBUS-safe LEDs, not relays or cheap resistors that wind up melting.
Syneticusa makes good ones, there's lots of choices on Amazon.

sorry it took a minute to reply but you absolutely nailed this one. They work perfectly, plug and play. Thank you !

bacaruda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ole Buck, what bulbs and brand did you use? I got a pair of these

LASFIT Bright Red 3157 LED Bulb 4057 4157 3056 3057 3457 Anti Flash Canbus Ready for Automotive Brake Tail Light, Error Free ,​

off of Amazon. Changed 1 and at first had the fast blink, then after about 10 sec., it went to normal, and error msg. went off. I thought COOOL! Then changed other side, and fast switch and error are back. Won't go away. Then I saw this in description, "Notice: 1. These bulbs still can't be used on truck/lorry like Sierra, Colorado, Silverado, Ford F series, Ram, Titan, they will have hyper flash, we don't recommend you purchase them. 2. NOT compatible if the bulb is all in one for the rear turn signal and brake lights"

bacaruda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah, I also looked at Syneticusa, and did not see a red 3057/3157 brake/turn bulb.