Left and right turn signal error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.3
I recently replaced both headlights to projector headlights w/DRL swichback turn signals. Now im getting the turn signal out error message for both right/left side. Now my check engine light is on. I purchased the alfaOBD and enabled the front turn signals and that didnt fix the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

OP
OP
K

Kevin5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.3
I checked out the thread but didn't see anything that will help me. I'm sure I'm missing something as i noticed to wires (red and black) thats not plugged in to anything. I know this will sound stupid but all i did was plug the connector from the ttuck to the back of the new headlights (was hoping it was plug and play) guess that's not the case. I'm sure the issue has to do with those two unplugged wires. I do appreciate the help as I'm sure the answer is in that thread I'm just not smart enough to figute it out. I've lookef for videos but haven't had any luck. Thank you again for the help.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What headlights do you have

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Sorry for the really delayed response. I don't know how I didn't get a notification that you had responded. I'm not sure if you have figured this out already or not.

In alfaobd enable CBC FEATURES-LED Front turn and park lights. Then use each signal for about 20 seconds and the 4 ways. This kinda "forces" the truck to learn the led's. It doesn't always work tho.

As far as the red/black wires go, the only one's I could see went to either the high or low beams

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I can't help, but I did find the photoshop from amazon pretty amusing:

81hey8619NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Good luck getting them figured out if you haven't already.