Lemon Law

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I am getting 10 miles/gal on my 2020 Rebel. I took it to dealer and they say it is normal. I want to use the lemon law to get some results. Does anyone know what I need to do to have a good case? I have contacted law offices and they sent me a contract but am nervous about signing it without knowing more about the processs.

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I am getting 10 miles/gal on my 202 Rebel. I took it to dealer and they say it is normal. I want to use the lemon law to get some results. Does anyone know what I need to do to have a good case? I have contacted law offices and they sent me a contract but am nervous about signing it without knowing more about the processs.
Well it is a 1,821 year old truck.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used the Lemon Law once. Worked well for me. But I don't think poor fuel mileage qualifies for using those protections. Every state has different laws, so look up what your state's laws are. Did you buy the truck new?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Lemon laws vary a lot from state to state. The attorneys you contacted should have told you the requirements to lemon law a vehicle in your state. As others have mentioned though, poor fuel economy isn't going to get you there. Are there any other issues with the truck?

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
10 m/g where ? around town with a lead foot, or nice flat highway with no wind at 60mph.
I have got high 20's with no head wind on a nice flat road at 65-70mpg, with stock truck 5.7, 3.92 gears, 8 speed, and factory wheels. My dash is in metric, so hard to be sure, but 9 or 10 L/100km bs, Good enough for this old guy, but real easy to double those numbers around town and we usually have lots of wind.
In Canada , a lawyer would just tell you to buy a Prius We don't have lemon laws.

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The fuel economy chart you put together is real nice except you forgot one other data point that
needs to be taken into consideration. Average speed between fillups. That info is available from
your trip meter. miles driven divided by time. That will put things into a better perspective. However, I do agree that if you're concerned about fuel economy you may want to consider putting a
small wooden block under your gas pedal.

JmGuTe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1st you you have to prove that the dealer has attempted in good faith to resolve the issue, however MPG isn't a lemon law as other's have stated its hard to "prove" MPG. Style of driving weather, terrain, etc factor into it. I'm speaking from 1st hand experience dealing with a lemon in my state of PA and hiring an attorney as well for a 09 charger with a bad trans and the dealer selling it as "factory certified used". If you haven't had them work on it, you have to take it somewhere to be looked at. Ram has to be given the opportunity to fix it first and if they continue to refuse to fix it or say nothing is wrong well maybe a case for false advertisement like what happened to Hyundai and the veloster but that took a while and I believe turned into a class action lawsuit as well could be wrong.

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take your truck out on the highway when there's little traffic. Get in the slow lane. Set the Cruise Control at 55mph. Scroll through the dash setup 'til it shows "Fuel Economy". Hit "reset". If you're seeing 20+mpg in this scenario, the truck is operating normally.
"Lemon Laws" do not cover fuel economy.